Political talk from outside of the UK
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Big Rob wrote:Okay. Possibly I should have put this in a thread of its own.

Flogging of Raif Badawi in Saudi Arabia ‘vicious act of cruelty’

Isn't flogging another of those things that give the Swivel eyed of the Kippers a hard-on.

Obviously they'd have no truck with muslamic flogging, but be all for a civilised British version.
By Big Rob
Conservative muslims and conservative Britons have more in common than they probably dare to admit.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Yet they fall over themselves to confirm that every waking moment in the comments sections of every news site from one end of the spectrum to the other. You'd think the riyal would eventually drop.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Big Rob wrote:Conservative muslims and conservative Britons have more in common than they probably dare to admit.

Visit a "traditional" conservative forum (Obviously stock up on mind-bleach in advance).
You'll recognise several recurring groans, plenty clearly from people who spend all day on the telly.
* Leftist media luvvies making it hard for right minded people to get a hearing.
* Nothing but badly behaved plebs on the freeview channels.
* (See also) Why don't they put Conservative comedians on the TV more often.

Stick with it a bit further, hold your breath through the blatant racism in the immigration threads (Importing 4 million natural Labour voters) and you'll strike the motherlode.

"They come over here, with their conservative religious views. Family Values, small business oriented, work hard, want to better themselves, so why oh why aren't they voting for us".
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
Big Rob wrote:Conservative muslims and conservative Britons have more in common than they probably dare to admit.

Funnily enough...

Speaking in September 2009, Davies' conservative approach to family values was unequivocal as he spoke of his admiration for the “ordered way of life under the Taliban.”

"The one thing to be said about the Taliban is that they do have an ordered society of some sort and that they don't have hundreds of cases of children under threat of abuse from violent parents, as we have in Doncaster."

—Peter Davies, September 2009

Davies made it clear it was the moral code he was an admirer of while detesting the Taliban themselves, adding, "The point I was making was that even a regime as hideous as the Taliban at least appear to have sort of decent sort of family affairs. In fact probably...they have an ordered society." He continued: "We in this country have created mayhem through lax social policies of disregard for marriage and the family and we have created mayhem in society."[20]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Davi ... he_Taliban

His son is of course a current Tory MP.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
new puritan wrote:

Funnily enough...

Speaking in September 2009, Davies' conservative approach to family values was unequivocal as he spoke of his admiration for the “ordered way of life under the Taliban.”

"The one thing to be said about the Taliban is that they do have an ordered society of some sort and that they don't have hundreds of cases of children under threat of abuse from violent parents, as we have in Doncaster."

—Peter Davies, September 2009

Davies made it clear it was the moral code he was an admirer of while detesting the Taliban themselves, adding, "The point I was making was that even a regime as hideous as the Taliban at least appear to have sort of decent sort of family affairs. In fact probably...they have an ordered society." He continued: "We in this country have created mayhem through lax social policies of disregard for marriage and the family and we have created mayhem in society."[20]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Davi ... he_Taliban

His son is of course a current Tory MP.

Is there even a shred truth in his assertion.
The "Honour Killings" and "Honour floggings" match my idea of abuse form Violent parents.

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Posts
Interesting story in yesterday's Times.

A Saudi cop films a woman being beheaded by religious police in the street (planning to send the footage viral, I assume), and is promptly arrested for 'bringing the state into disrepute'.

Bunch of bloody savages.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:Interesting story in yesterday's Times.

A Saudi cop films a woman being beheaded by religious police in the street (planning to send the footage viral, I assume), and is promptly arrested for 'bringing the state into disrepute'.

Bunch of bloody savages.

Or: A staunch and trusted Ally bringing stability to the otherwise anarchic Middle East?

YOU DECIDE!!
By Big Rob
I could not get my head around hoe liberal the Ottoman Caliphate became (decriminalizing homosexuality over one hundred years before the UK/US did, producing an education system that would sow the seeds for Ataturk).

So I have been trying to read more around it. The conclusion I am coming to is, in terms of sunni jihadis, it is wahhabism, which is the dominant form if islam in Saudi. Reading a bit further it seems that oil dollars are being used to spread it.

It is a highly intolerant version of islam, that excludes non wahhabi muslims.
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
I see Abdullah's dead. Cameron has of course been leading the fawning, closely followed by...

Tony Blair Office @tonyblairoffice · 58m 58 minutes ago
“He was loved by his people and will be deeply missed.” Tony Blair on the death of King Abdullah. http://goo.gl/R6Xchq

Loved by those people he didn't have chance to behead, presumably. Poor old Tone is beyond parody these days.

This from the NYT is just warped.

Still, Abdullah became, in some ways, a force of moderation. He contested Al Qaeda’s militant interpretations of the faith as justifying, even compelling, terrorist acts. He ordered that textbooks be purged of their most extreme language and sent 900 imams to re-education sessions. He had hundreds of militants arrested and some beheaded.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/23/world ... at-90.html

Imagine bookending a paragraph with those two statements and not even batting an eyelid. Unreal.
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
Islamic fundamentalism must be exterminated! Er, shit, hang on.

John Kerry @JohnKerry · 6h 6 hours ago
King Abdullah was a man of wisdom & vision. US has lost a friend & Kingdom of #SaudiArabia, Middle East, and world has lost a revered leader
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Yes, very clearly in their almost universally wh[…]

SPOTY

Yeah...the Mailites are really not happy! Supe[…]

Europe? And the Future of Britain in Europe

Do a lot of the daft gits who voted leave know tha[…]

Question Time

As if to prove your point... https://twitter.[…]