•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Big Rob
Apparently Greece's original debt was €310 billion.

The have apparently had loans of €240 billion. Only 10% of this went to help the Greek people (if I read that right)

They now apparently owe €320 billion.

I think Grexit may well be on the cards (for the Euro) at least.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Why so much hysteria over the Hellenic debt?
The world didn’t stop turning; life went on; and if there was any mass hysteria, it was on the part of neoliberals who – it seems – will do anything to keep everyone else in line with their worldview.
http://voxpoliticalonline.com/2015/07/0 ... enic-debt/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
And I shall wear the creditors’ loathing with pride.
Despite the No vote Varoufakis has resigned
Soon after the announcement of the referendum results, I was made aware of a certain preference by some Eurogroup participants, and assorted ‘partners’, for my… ‘absence’ from its meetings; an idea that the Prime Minister judged to be potentially helpful to him in reaching an agreement. For this reason I am leaving the Ministry of Finance today.

I consider it my duty to help Alexis Tsipras exploit, as he sees fit, the capital that the Greek people granted us through yesterday’s referendum.
http://yanisvaroufakis.eu/2015/07/06/minister-no-more/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Has he been upsetting Cathy Ashton as well? her husband is not in a good mood
The Greek Referendum is a corruption of democracy by Peter Kellner
If this is how Greece takes big decisions, then should it be allowed to stay in the European Union?
http://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/blogs ... -democracy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Well according to Farage the referendum was a clamour by the young people of Greece for more neo-liberal nationalism
Greece votes No: The European Union is dying before our eyes
It's not just disaffected pensioners: young Greeks have worked out that they don't need the bloated EU
There is a bigger picture to consider, however. A huge generational dynamic exists, running through all of this. One poll from Antenna News in Greece found that 67 per cent of Greeks under the age of 35 voted No which shows just how much the seismic plates are shifting within European politics. The fact that young Greeks overwhelmingly rejected the Brussels dictat and voted No in huge numbers is of massive significance.
Nigel's core supporters get to the heart of the matter
posercom • 3 hours ago
When Europe and the world reject the Rothschild Fractional Reserve Banking system and all it's ills people might actually learn what it is like to enjoy the fruits of their own labor. The Europeans, weather united or not have been enslaved by this one Satanic family that created the Jesuit Order and the Illuminati, right after the Vatican banned the Jesuits. They are the slave masters of nearly every nation in the world and they are behind every form of terrorism and every political assassination. They are the synagogue of Satan and they must be stopped!

waverley-jak • 2 hours ago
Greece has only one international industry - tourism. A return to the drachma and a lower exchange rate can only benefit Greece. It is just as well Elgin's marbles are safe in the British Museum, otherwise Brussels and Christine's I.M.F. might have made off with them as a reparation payment.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/n ... -anarchism" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems things could turn ugly over there

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
100,000 "concerned citizens" rioting on the streets of Athens this afternoon and being very cross about the name of Macedonia.

Those opinion results in full.

Q: I am really worried about what our neighbours call themselves?

66% : Violently so.
34% : Shrugs, grills some jolly decent cheese and pours an ouzo to dull the pain of the Troika still stripping the flesh from their ankles.

By Boiler
Kreuzberger wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:28 pm
100,000 "concerned citizens" rioting on the streets of Athens this afternoon and being very cross about the name of Macedonia.
Another punch-up in Syntagma Square :( There's some jolly nice restaurants just down the road from there as you head towards the railway station. Or, at least there was 15 years ago.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Seriously though, what a bunch of imbeciles, getting so worked up about such an issue. So much so, that Golden Shower are lobbing mollies at their uniformed mates who are probably not much fussed at needing to dust down the water cannon while claiming Sunday overtime.

And yes, after all that excitement, it must have been a pleasure to wander down to Monastiraki for a plate of mezes and a couple of lamb chops.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Indeed. If the shit fits, wear it - as I believe S[…]

David Liddington?

Men in suits. French doors. Glass of whisky an[…]

This could only get better if a small-person clow[…]

Sarah Vine aka Mrs Gove

First Lady MacBeth. FTFY - as I believe you tech[…]