•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
Kreuzberger wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:20 pm
Seriously though, what a bunch of imbeciles, getting so worked up about such an issue.
Even fifteen years ago we were told not to bring up Macedonia in conversation with the locals. But 100,000 people? That's a *lot*. Must be the snow on the beaches in Athens last week got to them.

And is that huge flea market in Monastiraki still there?

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:48 pm
Kreuzberger wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:20 pm
Seriously though, what a bunch of imbeciles, getting so worked up about such an issue.
Even fifteen years ago we were told not to bring up Macedonia in conversation with the locals. But 100,000 people? That's a *lot*. Must be the snow on the beaches in Athens last week got to them.

And is that huge flea market in Monastiraki still there?
100k is the cops' estimate and, considering temps being in single figures this afternoon, that as close to absolute zero as yer average Athenian is ever likely to come.

In truth, I don't know what the Monastiraki flea market used to be like in pre-crisis times. I guess it has changed anyway, regardless of the hardships.

Remaindered Beckham jerseys vie for space with carefully foxed repro Gina Lollobrigida posters but the back shop in so many of these places is just breathtaking. Especially lighting, beds, fin du siècle upholstery, pianos and anything else that can't be easily punted on ebay to the north of Europe.

Moreover, there are tons of chinz. A keen eye, €5,000, and an LWB Sprinter would gross probably ten to fifteen times that with access in to the UK gay market and the hip young things of Brighton, Hamburg and Copenhagen.

That, or just pass the time of day listening to people. Both are pretty cool.
Boiler, Timbo liked this
Labour, Generally.

Wonder if McD will get the same treatment as Thorn[…]

Euro Elections 2019

... i.e. a sharp kick to the nethers for Labo[…]

Theresa May

That's all those wanting to be the next PM can see[…]

Claire Fox

She's top of the list, sadly. Nigel Farage an[…]