•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Agreed, Piers is someone who I cant work out. Sometimes hes OK, sometimes hes a total arse. A bit Hitchens, in a sense.

Still, he gets to perv at Susanna on ITV's Breakfast show so hes one jammy bastard!

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
No, true. I think he is a bit more complex than Clarkson, but I think he's more comparable to a Clarkson type than a Hopkins type. I can't really put my finger on it either. In the US he was considered by many as a bit liberal, although his stance against guns is probably a lot to do with it. Perhaps he's just smart enough to know where the line is and not to cross it. I do feel he'd revel in, and do a good job, at taking a far right bigot to task, whereas Hopkins would side with them.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Posts
Him vs Hopkins then?
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
That would be worth watching and my money would be on Piers. Hopkins would lose it and have a meltdown

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
lord_kobel wrote:Was it Ann Coulter who said he wasn't mocking the disabled, he was just doing "standard retard"?
I'm sure he can go up to full retard if required.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:I think he's a bit of a Jeremy Clarkson.
I think he's a complete Jeremy (Hunt).

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Posts
Morgan's always struck me as someone who sees being famous as the be all and end all. He used to run a column for the Mail on Sunday called "The Insider" which basically consisted of him going on about which celebs he'd met that week and how much better he was than you, dear reader, because he'd had a coffee with Lennox Lewis or whoever. Very much "as long as they're talking about me...".

That said, his stance on some things, such as gun control, is admirable. Still a controversialist but better than the likes of Brendan O'Neill and Toby "what should I say, Michael?" Young, who are more trolls.

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Posts
He was the only newspaper editor to run a consistent anti-Iraq war editorial line but he literally pissed on his chips when he published a blindingly obvious fake pic of a British squaddie peeing on an Iraqi prisoner.

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Posts
What got him there was that he'd been running the anti-war line. The Sun had earlier published photos of British troops degrading Iraqi prisoners/bodies, but ran it as a "one bad apple and we're rooting them out" piece, rather than Morgan's "they're all at it" angle.

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Posts
The event was noteworthy for the chance it gave the Mail reading military vehicle enthusiasts to show their in-depth knowledge.

I paraphrase here but I remember a comment along the line of:
Anorak, Bedroom in parents house
It's obviously a fake. The interior of the lorry clearly shows a Bedford GH-187B floor pan but British army lorries had Bedford GH-187C floor pans.
Followed by a reply
MikeGiggler UpMyArse
its obvius its faked cos the floor aint covered in sh1te like army trucks are LOL
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
I don't know which is worse, the fact that this imbecile is going to be president of the USA or that some other far right bell end could win the French election

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
mr angry manchester wrote:I don't know which is worse, the fact that this imbecile is going to be president of the USA or that some other far right bell end could win the French election
Trump is worse.

My judgement may be coloured by having just watched some entitled up-his-own-arse digital entrepreneur conduct a 20 minute video whine about how difficult it is to satisfy the millenials. (All snowflakes, can't accept criticism, glued to their devices, entitled, up their own arses, prizes for everybody (he knows he's seen "studies")).

About 2 minutes fomr the end the penny dropped (I'm having a slow thinking day).

First up, this digital entrepreneur is the grown up embodiment of these millenials.
He embodies all their "faults", but being a name with investors he bets to the bitcher and not bitchee.
He's probably a role model to these kids, but hates that they've got to be like him.
Many of the faults he describes "got the job because mommy knew somebody" are not exclusive to this generations (eg Dave Cameron's PR career, Half of our press owners).

Anyhow I was rambling along the whole "So what colour's the kettle in your world sir" line when I spotted the elephant in the room.

Compile an uber-Millenial - somebody who embodies all their faults: The ultimate thin skinned snowflake, always gobbing off on social media, expects praise for waking up in the morning.

You know who you've got:
[img]Heyy everybody! you've got the greatest millennial,
You want stupid hair, I've got great stupid hair.
You want entitlement, I've cornered the market.
Thin skinned, I never sleep so I don't miss a twitter diss war...[/img]

By Abernathy
Membership Days Posts
Seen the latest? The Donald flat-out denying that he ever cruelly mocked a disabled reporter, as the only proof there is that he did is that it was videoed and seen by half the planet.

You keep thinking the fucker surely can't get worse, then.....
By PaulOnBooks
Membership Days Posts
Trump Just Dismissed the People in Charge of Maintaining Our Nuclear Arsenal
According to an official within the Department of Energy, this past Friday, the President-elect’s team instructed the head of the National Nuclear Security Administration and his deputy to clean out their desks when Trump takes office on January 20th.

The NNSA is the $12 billion-a-year agency that “maintains and enhances the safety, security, and effectiveness of the U.S. nuclear weapons stockpile.” It’s unclear when the two officials will be replaced.
http://gizmodo.com/trump-just-dismissed ... 1790908093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SPOTY

I'd imagine Froome being caught with his glow on d[…]

It passes the time on the drives to work, although[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

From the Guardian at https://www.theguardian.com/p[…]

Theresa May

Let's not forget that she could have secured her j[…]