Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 30 % ❤ 0.9 % :thumbsup: 8.2 % 😯 2.7 % :grinning: 45.5 % 🧥 3.6 % 🙏 1.8 % 😟 2.7 % :cry: 3.6 % :shit: 0.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Scarlet emperor
Trump told the crowd at his Wisconsin rally that after women give birth, the baby is "wrapped in a blanket" and then "the mother and the doctor decide whether to execute the baby." Utter shite and even by his brain damaged standards appalling. To see all those maga hat wearing twats cheering this disgrace makes me want to weep.
The day his fat orange arse is voted out of the White House can't come quickly enough.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Here's a breakdown of that Green Bay rally. What a disgusting turd he is. My youtube recommendations contain a growing number of medical professionals concerned that he's showing increasing signs of advancing dementia.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
I have no idea how you would begin to debate someone who still thinks Trump is a good president (Question Time audience selectors manage to find them). You can be a vulgar and populist campaigner but still be the guy who gets thing done in office and appoint the smartest people in the room. But he’s none of those things. Like Brexit there are no redeeming features.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I've described him before as a thick persons idea of what a successful person looks like. But he is, by measures of wealth and power, successful. I think that's it - he represents monolithic, thick as pigshit, unearned power. And people look at him and think "If I was president, that's what I'd do".
Timbo liked this

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Draining that swamp...

Trump sues Deutsche Bank and Capital One to block release of financial records

President and his children oppose Democrat-controlled committees’ investigations

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... stigations

By Philip Marlow
Membership Days
Thought this was a potentially interesting take on comedy (of a sort) in the age of Trump. Fond as I am of John Oliver, I have to admit that the writer has a point or two.
HOW ‘LIBERAL’ LATE-NIGHT TALK SHOWS BECAME A COMEDY SINKHOLE

You could fairly accuse me of hating late-night talk shows long before they transformed into entertainment for Resistance Boomers who think that calling Trump “the Cheeto-in-Chief” is devastatingly clever. For me, they are a frustrating waste of awesome talent. It’s painful to watch someone like Colbert, who makes me double up in laughter with his performance in the oddball ’90s sitcom Strangers With Candy, go through the paces of yet another weeknight monologue on the president’s bald hypocrisies. Then there are the people behind the scenes, toiling at bits they know are jarringly uncomical, with no way of challenging the hierarchy that demands them.

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/how ... y-sinkhole
I thought this bit was more-or-less dead on.
This derangement presumably stems from a refusal to face the America that propelled Trump to the White House. For all they hate him, they yearn, as he does, for a “lost” country that younger generations view with skepticism. “No one wants to confront the fact that they grew up in a time that was pretty sexist and racist because then they’d have to stop being nostalgic for everything,” this writer says. “See: Aaron Sorkin.” As such, the anti-Trump Boomers — faithfully catered to by the older, more powerful figures in TV while, allegedly, the newcomers there are told to shut up and use the tired playbook, because that’s what “works” — settle into a smug superiority that lets them vent their classist contempt. That’s true of some of the hosts and writing staffs, too. “Bill Maher isn’t actually liberal, he just hates people from Alabama,” the second writer says. When I reframe that idea as “‘I shop at Whole Foods, so I’m not a reactionary,’” he replies, “[This is] the politics of 75 percent of Hollywood writers.” And so that’s the ideology served.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Somebody who worked for Kenneth Starr has called for Trump's impeachment.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... er/588907/
Ralph Waldo Emerson once famously said that “a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.” If so, then as a lawyer committed to the rule of law, I confess to having a little mind, though I like to think my consistency is not foolish.

Earlier this week, I signed a letter (along with a growing number—now more than 600—of other former federal prosecutors) expressing the view that the facts recounted in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report to Attorney General William Barr were in many cases (the letter lists three) sufficient to have warranted criminal charges against President Donald Trump for obstruction of justice. For me, the question was one of intellectual consistency. Having held President Bill Clinton to this standard 20 years ago, I could not, in good conscience, decline to apply the same standard to President Trump.

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The rules don't count if you're white and American:
Michael Behenna: Trump pardons US soldier who stripped and killed Iraqi prisoner

Donald Trump has pardoned a former US soldier who stripped an Iraqi prisoner naked and then shot him twice.

The US president signed an executive grant of clemency, a full pardon, for former US Army Lieutenant Michael Behenna, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said.

Behenna, a platoon leader in the 101st Airborne Division, was convicted of unpremeditated murder and sentenced to 25 years for killing Ali Mansur Mohamed, a suspected al-Qaeda terrorist, in Iraq in 2008.

Behenna, who stripped Mansur and then questioned him at gunpoint before shooting him, claimed he was acting in self-defence.

His sentence was subsequently reduced to 15 years and he was paroled in 2014, five years into his term.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Not long before he pardons himself, according to some. He's already tweeted about a two year extension to his presidency as 'reparation' for two years 'stollen' by the 'witch hunt'.

Meanwhile...

STATEMENT BY FORMER FEDERAL PROSECUTORS
DOJ Alumni Statement
May 6
We are former federal prosecutors. We served under both Republican and Democratic administrations at different levels of the federal system: as line attorneys, supervisors, special prosecutors, United States Attorneys, and senior officials at the Department of Justice. The offices in which we served were small, medium, and large; urban, suburban, and rural; and located in all parts of our country.

Each of us believes that the conduct of President Trump described in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report would, in the case of any other person not covered by the Office of Legal Counsel policy against indicting a sitting President, result in multiple felony charges for obstruction of justice.

The Mueller report describes several acts that satisfy all of the elements for an obstruction charge: conduct that obstructed or attempted to obstruct the truth-finding process, as to which the evidence of corrupt intent and connection to pending proceedings is overwhelming...

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Not just a soldier, but a commissioned officer.
Samanfur wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 7:12 pm
The rules don't count if you're white and American:
Michael Behenna: Trump pardons US soldier who stripped and killed Iraqi prisoner

Donald Trump has pardoned a former US soldier who stripped an Iraqi prisoner naked and then shot him twice.

The US president signed an executive grant of clemency, a full pardon, for former US Army Lieutenant Michael Behenna, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said.

Behenna, a platoon leader in the 101st Airborne Division, was convicted of unpremeditated murder and sentenced to 25 years for killing Ali Mansur Mohamed, a suspected al-Qaeda terrorist, in Iraq in 2008.

Behenna, who stripped Mansur and then questioned him at gunpoint before shooting him, claimed he was acting in self-defence.

His sentence was subsequently reduced to 15 years and he was paroled in 2014, five years into his term.
The Sun

middle-class, artichoke-chompers They've moved […]

C**t of the day

The RNLI_disgrace hashtag on Twitter is giving me […]

Local journalism at its best

Anyone under the age of forty should have to have […]

An appropriate time to use the term 'virtue signal[…]