Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 32.8 % ❤ 0.8 % :thumbsup: 7.8 % 😯 2.3 % :grinning: 43.8 % 🧥 3.1 % 🙏 1.6 % 😟 3.1 % :cry: 3.9 % :shit: 0.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
cycloon wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:46 pm
Liam Fox says NHS is on the table, Hancock says otherwise.

Par for the bloody course.

Also, any British Trump fan needs a good seeing to. Fuck me, what an absolute state you have to be to admire that man.
I'd guess there's a big intersection with the "People who admire Farage".
We shall call the set generated by the intersection "People devoid of judgement".
Malcolm Armsteen liked this

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
He had a meeting with Prince Charles overrun by 75 minutes, where they discussed climate change. When you think a remnant of a colonialist aristocracy is trying to lure you into a leftist conspiracy, it's time to stop being president.

From the Guardian:
Trump said: “He is really into climate change and I think that’s great. What he really wants and what he really feels warmly about is the future. He wants to make sure future generations have climate that is good climate, as opposed to a disaster, and I agree.”

But Trump said he pushed back at the suggestion the US should do more.

He said: “I did say, ‘Well, the United States right now has among the cleanest climates there are based on all statistics.’ And it’s even getting better because I agree with that we want the best water, the cleanest water. It’s crystal clean, has to be crystal clean clear.”

Trump added: “China, India, Russia, many other nations, they have not very good air, not very good water, and the sense of pollution. If you go to certain cities … you can’t even breathe, and now that air is going up … They don’t do the responsibility.”

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
"have climate that is good climate"

"we want the best water, the cleanest water. It’s crystal clean, has to be crystal clean clear."

" they have not very good air"

"and now that air is going up"

What the fuck is wrong with him? Did he even go to school?

"I have the best words" my fucking arse.
Timbo, Oblomov liked this

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Unless he genuinely did believe these people were there to support him:

Or maybe his minders came up with a genius solution. Perhaps they simply printed off a load of photoshopped photos of Pro-Trump crowds and stuck them to the windows of The Beast so when he looked out the window he believed they were real supporters...just standing very still. It could work.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
I wish someone would build a wall around him.
Does the D in D-Day stand for Donald??? Probably what he thought l, hence the signature right next to it...
(and the more I think about it, the more I can see this idiot actually using that as what he'll think is a 'zinger')

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
I'm not a tabloid hack so I'm not going to claim this split second snapshot is a representation of the way war vets view Trump. I was just interested to observe their reactions on this live feed on Mail Online of Trump standing in front of the veterans just now. Some clapping him, others looking less than enthusiastic about his presence:

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (214.31 KiB) Viewed 1219 times

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Christ...this was not a good move by Trump. As The Sun quickly found out, you do not claim to speak for the monarchy and tell the media what they think about something, especially politics.

Trump hints Prince Charles backs Brexit and believes the UK will have 'a lot of good choices' after leaving EU
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rexit.html

Then to top it off he doesn't think Prince Charles understands climate change and decides to explain it:

But it appears the president still needs some convincing on climate change, as he said: ‘I believe there is a change in weather and that it changes both ways. Don’t forget, it used to be called global warming, that wasn’t working, then it was called climate change, now it’s actually called extreme weather'.

By Oblomov
I'm certainly less than enthusiastic about his presence there. That such poignant event with heavy emotional weight for decades, generations of people, is attended by one of the most tacky, classless, self-absorbed individuals to ever walk this earth is revolting to me, that the whole significance of the event will whoosh over his ignorant head as he pretends to care about veterans and their sacrifice (whilst mocking them if they're political opponents at home, continuing America's shocking apathy towards vets past and present and potentially adding to that pool by getting shirty with Iran for the sake of posturing), has made me feel incredibly down.

How I yearn for an Obama to attend this. Instead we have a narcissistic man-child standing in front of veterans trying to eulogize all that they fought for. Makes me sick that they have to witness that.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Yesterday:

Stop being so mean to Melania! Critics back home sneer she's icy and remote - but as she dazzles in London, one new admirer says it’s time we judged the First Lady on her own terms
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... lania.html

Today:

'You are not at a fashion show!' Melania Trump is called 'disrespectful' and 'rude' for wearing sunglasses during D-Day commemoration in France - with Twitter users calling it 'inappropriate'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... ation.html

Well that lasted long :lol: :lol:

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
You want more cringeworthy? Actually, make that bile-inducing. For reasons most of you know, I can't begin to explain how appalling and offensive this draft-dodging excuse for a human being using the Vierville-sur-Mer cemetery as a backdrop for his repellent politics and childish, attempted point-scoring is. Whatever the date.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts

Just in case the above tweet gets deleted, Twitler wrote the following today at 6.38pm BST...
For all of the money we are spending, NASA should NOT be talking about going to the Moon - We did that 50 years ago. They should be focused on the much bigger things we are doing, including Mars (of which the Moon is a part), Defense and Science!

Corbyn like most UK people was using the same pr[…]

2019 General Election

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/119748615979184[…]

The Tories, Generally

Or: Once you're started, you merely need to have […]

The LibDems, generally

One useful infill route scheduled for electrificat[…]