Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 34.8 % ❤ 3 % :thumbsup: 9.7 % 😯 10.8 % :grinning: 33.2 % 🧥 1.9 % 🙏 1.3 % 😟 1.3 % :cry: 3.8 % :shit: 0.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Dan
Membership Days Membership Days
To be fair though, there already has been a backlash as they think their views have been legitimised now so they think they can "grab her by the pussy", hurl racial abuse and intimidate people. Whether they're angry or happy, the genie is already out of the bottle and these people will react the same - hurling hatred and making threats.

I agree that this is what Trump will do (which is scary as the buck being anywhere near Pence would be) but I wonder if he's secretly hoping for Hillary to get in this way. He can then say that he "did" it but doesn't have to actually do any of the work or be held responsible which is terrifying for him. This was basically an exercise in narcissism that went even further than he wanted it to and now that his more lunatic voters are waiting with baited breath for him to do what he knows he can't, he has realized he is fucked. I wouldn't be surprised if he encouraged delegates to vote Clinton.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
mr angry manchester wrote: Trump will spend the next 4 years passing the buck to Pence and groping interns
The Boris analogies keep on coming. Two liberal Americans were debating Trump on the radio and one was fearful that he's one step away from Fascism and the other was more philosophical; he argued he will be more Berlusconi than Mussolini and has lanced a boil of nonsense that a much nastier and competent demagogue would have tapped into eventually. We shall see.
Dan wrote:Took a little trip to the Express message board as they are leading with this story - they don't seem so keen on the "will of the people" now that it's been pointed out Hillary won the popular vote. Funny that.
Hillary wasn't good enough and lost. Whatever the faults of the electoral college system it reflects the federal nature of the US that OMOV cannot. Being in the Labour Party can make you one of the few non-Americans who is not utterly baffled by the nuances and advantages of an electoral college system.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
There are similarities between Trump and Boris. Both dickheads of the highest order and both utterly self serving, yet they both have something that certain people like. Trump came out with stuff which would have killed anyone elses campaign off, yet it hardly affected his.

Like Boris, he will be found out in office, bullshit only gets you so far, the look on his face when he met Obama seemed to say "holy shit, what have I done here"

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Boris has been reduced to sending out Tweets about his trade meetings with the President of Freedonia. Whether he's keeping his head down or told to shut the fuck up I don't know. I get Cameron, Merkel, Thatcher, Reagan even Nixon. But why people can't see through these transparent demagogue thunder cunt clowns is a mystery that still frustrates me. I used to be a populist that liked to stick it to the poshos and the know nothing elites when I was 12 but I can't reach back into that mindset. Maybe I'll try baby regression fetish and put on nappies and a dummy.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
The biggest issue us members of Mailwatch have to face now is the inevitable rendition and flight to Guantanamo we all face after we are identified as enemies of the people

We'd drive 'em all insane within about a week and get flown back!!

"these people, they answer every question with "never heard of the cunt""

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Trump will probably end up killing us all

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ate-change" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The ripples from a new American president are far-reaching, but never before has the arrival of a White House administration placed the livability of Earth at stake. Beyond his bluster and crude taunts, Donald Trump’s climate denialism could prove to be the lasting imprint of his unexpected presidency.

“A Trump presidency might be game over for the climate,” said Michael Mann, a prominent climate researcher. “It might make it impossible to stabilize planetary warming below dangerous levels.”

Kevin Trenberth, senior scientist at the US National Center for Atmospheric Research, added: “This is an unmitigated disaster for the planet.”

Trump has vowed to sweep away the climate framework painstakingly built over Barack Obama’s two terms. At risk is the Paris climate accord, which only came into force last week, and Obama’s linchpin emissions reduction policy, the Clean Power Plan.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
We have to look at it as Trump will be so awful* he'll damage the Republican brand in the process. Not an inconceivable result.

*By which I don't mean nasty, I mean lazy and incompetent.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Trump has announced that he's not going to appeal Obamacare. Is he setting about sticking it to the Republicans? Or maybe he was impressed with Obama as a man who knows what he's talking about. I don't know anything anymore.
U.S. President-elect Donald Trump may be willing to keep at least two parts of the Affordable Care Act in place, despite campaigning on a pledge to repeal and replace the law, according to The Wall Street Journal.

After meeting with sitting President Barack Obama, Trump said he favors keeping the prohibition on denying coverage based on patients' pre-existing conditions, as well as a provision that extends children's coverage on their parents' insurance policy, according to the Journal's interview, the first since his election this week. http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/11/trump-wi ... -says.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by youngian on Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Well, given that the "pledge" amounted to the hopelessly vague declaration that he would scrap ACA and replace it with "something else", that's not really surprising.

People believed it and voted for it, mind.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Trump has appointed Stephen Bannon of Breitbart News as his chief strategist.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... acism-fear" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Michael Keegan, president of the progressive pressure group People for the American Way, said: “By choosing Steve Bannon as chief strategist, Trump has made clear that he intends to carry the racism and antisemitism of his campaign straight into the White House. The website Bannon ran is a home for the white nationalist right that elevates racist, xenophobic, antisemitic tirades and conspiracy theories.”

Keegan called on the Republican party to denounce the move. “Congressional Republicans need to stand up and call out Trump for choosing Bannon as a senior adviser and ‘equal partner’ to Trump’s chief of staff. This isn’t about partisan politics; no one with Bannon’s record should be anywhere near the White House.”

Bannon, 62, a former naval officer and Goldman Sachs banker, will have Trump’s ear as his chief strategist and senior counsellor, it was announced on Sunday. In August he was appointed chief executive of the Trump campaign, and he was the mastermind of a stunt at the second presidential debate in which Trump held a press conference with three women who accused Bill Clinton of sexual assault.

Bannon also encouraged Trump to paint rival Hillary Clinton as part of a global conspiracy made up of the political, financial and media elite, a message that many felt carried antisemitic overtones.
The Trump Presidency

The last president who refused to attend the inaug[…]

Labour, Generally.

Over the last couple of weeks I've been reading E[…]

Declining standards

At a guess, I would suggest that it was propagated[…]

Priti Patel

Patel doesn't seem to have commented on the data[…]