Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 29 % ❤ 1.1 % :thumbsup: 9.7 % 😯 1.1 % :grinning: 48.4 % 🧥 4.3 % 🙏 1.1 % 😟 1.1 % :cry: 3.2 % :shit: 1.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By KevS
Membership Days Posts

Well, all that effort impressing him with a state visit worked, didn't it?

I'm sort of hoping he has a pop at Brenda next to see how his apologists here explain that one away.....

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
Just a thought, but if Juncker or Tusk had called May foolish, the Trump apologists would be demanding HMS Vanguard set course for Antwerp.
Kreuzberger, Andy McDandy, spoonman and 2 others liked this

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
Darroch resigns.

Apparently knew the game was up when Johnson refused to back him.

A quick reminder that chances are that this tapeworm, this philandering, lying, craven, cowardly, sycophantic piece of human detritus will be our Prime Minister in a couple of weeks.

Frankly, and I'd never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather May stayed on instead if this is the alternative.
oboogie liked this

By Boiler
I heard John Major - who sounds so statesman - like these days - being very diplomatic about that meatbag Johnson.

Oh, I hope this country crashes, burns and dies under his tenure and preferably, takes every Tory cunt with it. But it won't. It'll be thee an' me that suffers.
oboogie liked this

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
KevS wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:46 am
Frankly, and I'd never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather May stayed on instead if this is the alternative.
I said exactly the same less than an hour ago.
I also said the same of John Major.
Running with that thought, I mused over past Prime Ministers and couldn't think of a single one who would be more damaging to the UK's future prosperity and reputation than Prime Minister Johnson (and yes, I do include Thatcher in that).

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
I mused over past Prime Ministers and couldn't think of a single one who would be more damaging to the UK's future prosperity and reputation than Prime Minister Johnson (and yes, I do include Thatcher in that).

PM Johnson is a consequence of Cameron's shit spray so Dave's still on the hook for that title.
Kreuzberger liked this

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
The sounds coming out of No10 seemed to give the impression that if May wasn't going, neither would be Sir Kim any time soon.

I can't imagine any PM folding over this. Even bonkers Mags to be fair to her (yep, this is how far through the looking glass we are, kids. I'm giving Thatcher credit for something) tore Reagan off a strip for his stunt with Lakenheath and Mildenhall being used for the air strikes against Libya without us being told beforehand.

Did the relationship between the two countries fall to bits? Nope, mainly because Reagan, for all his faults, wasn't a narcissistic egomaniac with the temperament of a toddler who has just had Peppa Pig turned off, and the social and diplomatic skills of a packet of Nik Naks.
Projective Unity liked this
Labour MPs I'd like to hit with a haddock

So he did missed that, mind you the man whose done[…]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

Mr Stern is, er, controversial. See that article. […]

The LibDems, generally

Vince is 76. Wouldn't be surprising if he'd had en[…]

Boris Johnson

Sounds like it's going well. https://twitter.com/[…]