Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 29.8 % ❤ 1 % :thumbsup: 8.7 % 😯 2.9 % :grinning: 45.2 % 🧥 3.8 % 🙏 1.9 % 😟 2.9 % :cry: 2.9 % :shit: 1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:12 am
You do get the impression that Trump is deliberately picking a fight here, with an eye, as ever, on a second term.
Stay calm and aim high. A lot of floating voters may not like Trump’s language but may prefer him to what they will see as a bunch of ranting Commies if they rise to the bait.

By cycloon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:55 am
Abernathy wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:12 am
You do get the impression that Trump is deliberately picking a fight here, with an eye, as ever, on a second term.
Stay calm and aim high. A lot of floating voters may not like Trump’s language but may prefer him to what they will see as a bunch of ranting Commies if they rise to the bait.
If you are predisposed to seeing anyone as a commie, and think their response is somehow unjustified, you ain't gonna ever vote for them. Fuck thst noise.
lord_kobel liked this
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Its fairly obvious that the Kim Darroch case has put the shits up our government. Trump has effectively said that he can choose another country's ambassador (or at least veto the decision by refusing to deal with anyone he doesn't like), and the Tories have said that they can't really argue with that, and we have to play nice because suddenly there is a value on sovereignty and pride, and it's not as important as having one friend in the world. Even if that's friend in the "master/gimp" sense.

I despair. I also wonder if, knowing in June 2016 that Trump was going to win the presidency, many of the more forward thinking leavers would have predicted this outcome and voted the other way.

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
Bones McCoy wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:43 pm
The Red Arrow wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:19 am
Not racist. No siree.

Somebody bring a sharp stake - the corpse bride's roaming about again.
The thing I find staggering is that her husband wrote a piece in the washington post the next day (or might have been the day before) outright - and correctly - calling Trump racist.

I mean, how the hell are they still married?
The Northern Irish thread

https://twitter.com/wee_baldy_ian/status/116487823[…]

Sad Faces in Local Papers

I am genuinely really quite disappointed to Harare[…]

Something I was pondering; to take the Brexit li[…]

The Sun

The Sun published a poll yesterday ... A ti[…]