Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 29 % ❤ 1 % :thumbsup: 9 % 😯 3 % :grinning: 47 % 🧥 4 % 🙏 2 % 😟 1 % :cry: 3 % :shit: 1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Yank partisanship exists on another level to that in other countries, so far as I can tell.

In the UK, you have a major party haemorrhaging votes over allegations of antisemitism. And that's pretty well what should happen. You decide that you want no part of that and change your vote. In the US, it would appear that you keep on voting, and change your opinions to match.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
MisterMuncher wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:02 pm
Yank partisanship exists on another level to that in other countries, so far as I can tell.

In the UK, you have a major party haemorrhaging votes over allegations of antisemitism. And that's pretty well what should happen. You decide that you want no part of that and change your vote. In the US, it would appear that you keep on voting, and change your opinions to match.
The thing I find really odd in the US system is that you have to register as a Democrat or a Republican in order to participate in some of the votes (I'm thinking primaries here).
Imagine how the hillbillies would bleat about "Freedom!!" if we started registering people based on their voting preferences.

But as you say, being rivetted to a specific party leads to "Should we all be Racists now father?".

By Snowflake
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ngton.html
STEVEN EDGINTON: Today I want to set the record straight and reveal the real story about how Sir Kim's (bottom left) diplomatic cables entered the public domain. I am sorry to disappoint the conspiracy theorists but this was not a Brexiteer plot to topple Sir Kim.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6447470/s ... e-english/

ALLOWED TO BE PROUD Stop making me ashamed to be English by teaching that we’re a nation of slave-trading, women-oppressing, war-mongering baddies.

COMMENT
By Steven Edginton
4 Jun 2018, 18:08Updated: 4 Jun 2018, 18:09
Glad that's been cleared up. No ulterior motive there then, no siree.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Indeed.

Sunday, 21 July 2019
Steven Edginton - I Told You So
https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2019/0 ... ou-so.html
“I first worked as a video journalist for a site called Westmonster [that’s Arron Banks’ site called Westmonster] before stints as a digital strategist at the Taxpayers’ Alliance [pro-Brexit and anti any form of Government] and Leave means Leave campaign [which broke the law]. Since April, I have worked for the Brexit Party, helping run its social media feeds”. But he’s not a Brexiteer, honestly.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Kanye West’s pal gets nicked in Stockholm for getting fresh so rings up the Prez to sort it. PM tells Trump how judicial independence works.
Swedish prime minister warns Donald Trump he cannot influence ASAP Rocky judicial process

The Swedish prime minister has disputed Donald Trump’s claim over the treatment of a detained American rapper following a phone call between the two leaders.

Platinum-selling artist A$AP Rocky was arrested in Sweden in early July on suspicion of assault following a street brawl.

Mr Trump tweeted on Saturday that he had spoken to Prime Minister Stefan Lofven offering to personally vouch for his bail. Mr Trump said the Swedish PM assured him that the rapper would be treated fairly.

But a spokesperson for the Swedish leader has maintained Mr Lofven told Mr Trump the government cannot influence the judicial process.

The spokesperson said: “It was a friendly and respectful phone call which lasted about 20 minutes. The Prime Minister made sure to point out that the Swedish judicial system, prosecutors and courts, are completely independent.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/swedish-prim ... 1563737399
Jeremy Corbyn.

I'd rather Margaret Beckett than Harriet Harman […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Just so.

Owen Jones

Labour needs a re-boot, okay. But it needs to star[…]

Boris Johnson

Well that's completely different, though, isn't it[…]