Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 30 % ❤ 0.9 % :thumbsup: 8.2 % 😯 2.7 % :grinning: 45.5 % 🧥 3.6 % 🙏 1.8 % 😟 2.7 % :cry: 3.6 % :shit: 0.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Oh, I had been thinking that this was all a jolly jape, dreamed up by the Greenland Tourist Board. Yes, I appreciate that it is not everyone's cup of seal milk but it does look rather inviting in the wall-to wall-images which have been in the press in recent days.

In other news, my plan to offer Erdoğan thirty quid next month for the Princes' Islands looks to be in peril.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
'You don't talk to the United States that way under me!' Donald Trump accuses Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen of being 'nasty' for calling his plan to buy Greenland 'absurd' after he canceled state visit in fury at territory not being for sale
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... d-bid.html

So painfully thin skinned and petulant.

'I thought that the prime minister's statement that it was absurd - that it was an absurd idea - was nasty. I thought it was an inappropriate statement. All she had to do is say no, we wouldn't be interested,' he said.

'She shouldn't treat the United States that way. She said absurd. That's not the right word to use. Absurd.'

I thought it was a very not nice way of saying something. They could have told me no,' he said. 'All they had to do is say, no, we would rather not do that or we would rather not talk about it. Don't say what an absurd idea that is.'

He accused her of insulting the United States with her response.

'She's not talking to me,' he said of Frederiksen. 'She's talking to the United States of America. You don't talk to the United States that way. At least under me.'

'I thought it was not a nice statement - the way she blew me off,' he added later. 'We've done a lot for Denmark.'

'She's not talking to me,' he said of Frederiksen. 'She's talking to the United States of America.

No. She really is just talking to you.

By AOB
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
On the religious theme, the PrayforAmazonia hashtag has been trending this week. I'd prefer it if some kind of boycotting Brazil movement was established, hit Bolsonaro where it hurts. Everything about his treatment of the Amazon rainforest is utterly depressing.

The world must currently have the biggest number of cunts as world leaders since the days of WW2.
spoonman, Timbo liked this

By AOB
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
MisterMuncher wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:46 pm
A glance at his presser today reveals that he's taken the rejection of the proposed purchase and visit with his customary grace.
The Danish taxpayer was saved millions (his visiting costs are hugely inflated compared to his predecessor) by his refusal to visit as well, so it was a good result all round.
Question Time

Gammon Logic. What the fucking hell has happene[…]

Labour, Generally.

I suppose there is always Lord Buckethead. Al[…]

Mark Francois MP

I assume they don't call him 'Penfold' for nothing[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

And this gives me a little faith that all is not l[…]