Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 30 % ❤ 0.9 % :thumbsup: 8.2 % 😯 2.7 % :grinning: 45.5 % 🧥 3.6 % 🙏 1.8 % 😟 2.7 % :cry: 3.6 % :shit: 0.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Tomi is a complete looper.

Athleisure appears to be American for "shit that looks vaguely sporty but has almost no technical features making it suitable for sport, like the absolute muck sold by JD and Sports Direct.

In further not making this up news, Lahren's range includes yoga pants with a compartment for storing your gat, because of fucking course it does.

By Biggus Robbus
Trump is a chicken shit.

He started the government shutdown and ended it when it became unpopular.

He tried to raise gradually increasing tariffs on Mexico to make them accountable for the "crisis" at the border. He suddenly found a deal when he found out that would increase the prices of out of season fruit and vegetables as well as fucking 37% of the car parts American manufacturers use (sound familiar?).

Recently he tried to increase tariffs on China and he delayed that through fears of a recession. Although I believe some of them are back on, for now.

So why follow him with Brexit? If it goes tits up he will walk away and blame the Brits. His supporters will believe him.
Safe_Timber_Man, Timbo liked this

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
It's all Billy Big Bollox posturing that he thinks, and by projection, those that wear MAGA baseball caps think, that's it makes him look tough and standing up for USA. But rational people simply ask "so what exactly has that approach achieved". And now we have Johnson trying the same, but without the rallies to whip them up

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
spoonman wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:48 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

I'm surprised that we haven't had a Donald tweet, calling the Irish nasty for disrespecting the VP who has done so much for their country

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Interesting lessons here for the UK opposition (See also Trump in London with long lines of empty streets).

We seem all too keen to organise counter-demonstrations, to a point where they lose their impact.

I believe we'd often be better to simply let these people wander about in the cold, while we do something a bit more media savvy.
In Ireland's case there was a very photogenic gathering with placards and rainbow flags at the US embassy later on - precisely where the cameras were going to be.

Of course there are exceptions, for example:
Where we can guarantee significant numbers whihc greatly outnumber a demonstration.

But in general, I'd say, ignore them, and send some smart attractive people to a TV studio to issue a brief statement of opposition.

By Boiler
Bones McCoy wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:11 pm
But in general, I'd say, ignore them, and send some smart attractive people to a TV studio
What, like the Grant Sisters? FFS, let's not make this about looks - "when straight teeth in your mouth are more important than the words that come out of it"

(with apols to Michael Franti)

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:46 pm
Bones McCoy wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:11 pm
But in general, I'd say, ignore them, and send some smart attractive people to a TV studio
What, like the Grant Sisters? FFS, let's not make this about looks - "when straight teeth in your mouth are more important than the words that come out of it"

(with apols to Michael Franti)
I thing that that was "smart" as in "intelligent" rather than "reasonably well turned out in an ersatz Lady Di outfit. "
Meanwhile in France

It doesn't get any Frencher than this. Fridays fo[…]

Question Time

Gammon Logic. What the fucking hell has happene[…]

Labour, Generally.

I suppose there is always Lord Buckethead. Al[…]

Mark Francois MP

I assume they don't call him 'Penfold' for nothing[…]