Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 30 % ❤ 0.9 % :thumbsup: 8.2 % 😯 2.7 % :grinning: 45.5 % 🧥 3.6 % 🙏 1.8 % 😟 2.7 % :cry: 3.6 % :shit: 0.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
Kreuzberger wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:51 pm
Boiler wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:46 pm
Bones McCoy wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:11 pm
But in general, I'd say, ignore them, and send some smart attractive people to a TV studio
What, like the Grant Sisters? FFS, let's not make this about looks - "when straight teeth in your mouth are more important than the words that come out of it"

(with apols to Michael Franti)
I thing that that was "smart" as in "intelligent" rather than "reasonably well turned out in an ersatz Lady Di outfit. "
There's little doubt some find the Grant sisters attractive though - and that is what's mentioned here.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:46 pm
Bones McCoy wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:11 pm
But in general, I'd say, ignore them, and send some smart attractive people to a TV studio
What, like the Grant Sisters? FFS, let's not make this about looks - "when straight teeth in your mouth are more important than the words that come out of it"

(with apols to Michael Franti)
I wasn't thinking of anything like that, or any other appeal to the Thai Expat readers.

Simply get some spokespeople who will make themselves available to the broadcast media,
make sure they've bathed and are in clean clothes.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Of course the US media has more important things to cover.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... -cnn-media
Vice President Mike Pence engaged in some questionable patronage of a Trump property while traveling abroad, the administration shuffled millions away from key government projects (including Puerto Rico recovery) to pay for President Trump’s border wall, and things got real weird with Brexit, but all US media could do this week was talk about a Sharpie-altered map of Hurricane Dorian to prove a Trump tweet about Alabama.

We’re looking at you, CNN, who played right along with Trump in the distraction game.

To back up a bit: This all began on Sunday when the president tweeted a warning about Hurricane Dorian and said that in addition to Florida, “South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated by the storm.” Apparently, he was wrong about Alabama, and the Birmingham National Weather Service quickly corrected him.

It all could have ended there, but of course it didn’t.

On Wednesday, weather reporters and other experts noticed that it looked like someone had drawn an extra little bubble onto a map of the path of a storm in a video of Trump talking about it. People started to wonder whether Trump or someone else had used a Sharpie pen — which the president is known to use — to doctor the map so it looked like he had been right. #SharpieGate was born.

By Projective Unity
Membership Days
It's funny how the US has a President who didn't win a majority of the popular vote and who hires and fires on a whim, we have a Prime Minister who was put there by around 100,000 party members in charge of a government with no majority yet able to shut down parliament on a whim and yet the EU is supposed to be the dictatorship.

Fucking joke.
Timbo, Boiler, Kreuzberger and 4 others liked this

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:06 pm
Trump's just sacked John Bolton :shock:
Worth grabbing a bucket of popcorn to see the inevitable public fall out over this one.

I suspect Tr*mp has made this move as part of a 2020 election strategy to try and distance himself from anything that might hinder a rerun of the semi-isolationist stance he had on his platform in 2016. Either that or he's thrown a strop at not being awarded a Nobel Peace Prize yet.

Preferably, I rather put both of them into a piss dungeon where only one of them can escape out of it alive.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
It's like Jabba the Hutt's stronghold where his brownnosing posse all cheer when one of their number gets fed to the massive hungry monster.

None of them seem to realise that they're next.
Timbo liked this
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Despite Trump's record of petulance where he sacks senior officials on a whim and tares up international agreements at the drop of a hat, Boris Johnson still thinks that we can quickly negotiate an all singing all dancing trade deal with Trump.
Meanwhile in France

It doesn't get any Frencher than this. Fridays fo[…]

Question Time

Gammon Logic. What the fucking hell has happene[…]

Labour, Generally.

I suppose there is always Lord Buckethead. Al[…]

Mark Francois MP

I assume they don't call him 'Penfold' for nothing[…]