Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 37.3 % ❤ 2.3 % :thumbsup: 9.9 % 😯 9.9 % :grinning: 31.2 % 🧥 1.9 % 🙏 1.5 % 😟 1.9 % :cry: 3.8 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By KevS
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
*Affixes tinfoil hat at rakish angke*

I've had a theory since he was elected that Trump being President actually reduces the chances of war. Not for any noble reasons, but just because the financial impact to the stock market would affect him.

Bolton was getting to eager for an actual dust up, and so...

By Samanfur
KevS wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:27 pm
*Affixes tinfoil hat at rakish angke*

I've had a theory since he was elected that Trump being President actually reduces the chances of war. Not for any noble reasons, but just because the financial impact to the stock market would affect him.

Bolton was getting to eager for an actual dust up, and so...
That's what I heard, too (I forget who from, but it was on the BBC). As much as Trump likes sabre-rattling, he then likes to attempt to fix the problems he creates, in order to present himself as some sort of peacemaker.

Whereas Bolton just wanted to bomb Iran and Afghanistan.

By lord_kobel
That shouldn't have ever been an issue. The whole point was to massively, publicly, lay out all his shit for the public and get his supporters on the record as defending each and every fuckup. Nixon had a fairly high approval rating when impeachment started but fell massively during it.
Timbo, Snowflake liked this

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Nothing to see here folks.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... ried-notes
In 2017, President Donald Trump told Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak he believed Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential to be unimportant, according to a report from the Washington Post — and access to the memo describing the meeting was restricted to very few people, out of fear that the president’s comments would be made public.

Trump has repeatedly downplayed fears about Russian election interference in public. But the Post’s report, from Shane Harris, Josh Dawsey, and Ellen Nakashima, is the latest allegation that the White House has treated potentially embarrassing records about Trump’s conversations with foreign leaders with a high level of official secrecy.

That same concern is contained in a whistleblower’s report alleging the White House used a secure electronic system to classify a conversation between Trump and the Ukrainian president. That report is at the center of House Democrats’ newly launched impeachment inquiry. And it was compounded Friday night by CNN and New York Times reports that access to notes from conversations with Vladimir Putin and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman was similarly restricted.
Timbo liked this
The Tories, Generally

It’ll be cumulative. Corrupt deals alone, ma[…]

Boris Johnson

It'll also be clipped to death and reposted all ov[…]

Roll Call

Mother in Law took the family out to celebrate #3[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

Having said that, I'd still rather it be them scu[…]