Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 33.1 % ❤ 0.8 % :thumbsup: 7.7 % 😯 2.3 % :grinning: 43.8 % 🧥 3.1 % 🙏 1.5 % 😟 3.1 % :cry: 3.8 % :shit: 0.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Yes, he went there. Again.

Fury as Trump compares impeachment inquiry to 'lynching'

Outraged response to use of racially charged word in tweet
NAACP puts lynching death toll at 4,743, 3,446 of those black

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... hing-tweet

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Perhaps the nightmare's nearly over. Trouble is, the Overton window's so far to the right that Pence would be seen as a relief.

Republicans are finally realising Trump is his own worst enemy – and theirs
Richard Wolffe

The president’s increasingly risible attempts to paint himself as a victim are alienating even his most loyal supporters

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... and-theirs

There could be something to the article above. It would appear that the Trump brand has become too toxic - even for the Trump organisation...

Trump name reportedly scrubbed from New York ice rinks

A report from the Washington Post says the company has not offered a reason for removing the president’s name

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -ice-rinks

Overly smug delivery, maybe - but my morning ritual involves catching up with these guys...

By Biggus Robbus
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:16 am
He can't even just hold his hands up and admit he made a mistake. He just HAS to lie about everything rather than ever ever just saying "yeah, I messed up".

Which states are on the border with Mexico is literally a question on the civics test for citizenship. I should know I passed it.

Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and Alaska.

By Biggus Robbus
Boiler wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:59 am
Nah.... expect another five years of him next year.
Four years.

Presidents are elected for 4 years, House of Representatives members for 2 and Senators for 6. Another civics question.

Apparently a third of Senators stand for reelection every 2 years. That is not a civics question I was just interested in how the fuck the senate works.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Biggus Robbus wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:16 am
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:16 am
He can't even just hold his hands up and admit he made a mistake. He just HAS to lie about everything rather than ever ever just saying "yeah, I messed up".

Which states are on the border with Mexico is literally a question on the civics test for citizenship. I should know I passed it.

Are you sure about Alaska?
Biggus Robbus liked this

By Biggus Robbus
Bones McCoy wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:48 am
Biggus Robbus wrote: Which states are on the border with Mexico is literally a question on the civics test for citizenship. I should know I passed it.

Are you sure about Alaska?
Well nobody is sure about Alaska.

Those moose loving fucks.

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
Credit where it's due, a spot of good work sending El-Baghdadi to the other side, but noticeable for the press conference spending time praising Russia for their help, and having a pop at us for not doing more to help.

So, about that post Brexit trade deal....

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
KevS wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:44 pm
noticeable for the press conference spending time praising Russia for their help, and having a pop at us for not doing more to help.
Almost as if he's reading from a script (in Cyrillic), isn't it?

Edit: Oh, and...

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Yes Donald, and you didn't build those towers by that logic. So go name them after a bunch of brickies.
Boiler, spoonman liked this
HIGNFY

I can't see the BBC surviving Johnson's first term[…]

The new leader of the Labour Party

On the plus side, if Long Bailey becomes the an[…]

Labour, Generally.

I assumed Blue Labour was either a joke, or a set-[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

A wet paper bag full of lead shot has more intrins[…]