Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 36 % ❤ 1.3 % :thumbsup: 6.7 % 😯 4 % :grinning: 40 % 🧥 2.7 % 🙏 2 % 😟 2.7 % :cry: 4 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Catkins
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Seeing that Sinclair Lewis quote provided by Boiler reminded me of his 1930s novel "It can't happen here", in which a MAGA-lunatic is elected President, and subsequently destroys democracy. I read it after Trump was elected and it's discomforting.
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By The Red Arrow
Catkins wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:28 pm
Seeing that Sinclair Lewis quote provided by Boiler reminded me of his 1930s novel "It can't happen here", in which a MAGA-lunatic is elected President, and subsequently destroys democracy. I read it after Trump was elected and it's discomforting.
As part of a job I once had, I used to watch wartime anti-fascist films aimed at U.S. troops. They look like accurate predictions now.

I've seen this dated earlier than 1947, but you get the idea, I'm sure.

By The Red Arrow
Turns out Donny Dumbass knew about how bigly this was all along. Who didn't see this one coming, groovers?

Wow. The man who literally called Coronavirus a hoax and a flu a week ago now saying he knew it was a pandemic before anyone else was calling it a pandemic. There’s a lot to unpack there sir and I doubt I’m up to the job.

By Kreuzberger
This thing that he does where he repeats himself. He does it to buy himself time to formulate a semi-rational thought.

That's why he does it several times and still fails miserably.

By Arrowhead
The Red Arrow wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:59 am
I see the loathsome scrotum is now shamelessly masturbating in public about being a 'war president'. May your chosen deity help us all.
He's going to cancel the U.S. elections, isn't he? If he's really lucky, Ruth Bader Ginsburg will then kick the bucket and the good 'ol boys in the Senate will nod through the next Kavanaugh-like appointment to the Supreme Court, just to own the Libs.
Meanwhile, in Hungary...

I read that in a broad Gateshead accent, I presume[…]

Roll Call

No dried pasta other than a pack of macaroni, so[…]

Twat of the Day

Someone obviously couldn't get tinfoil from the su[…]

Labour leader rivals asked to film victory speech[…]