Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 37 % ❤ 2.4 % :thumbsup: 9.8 % 😯 9.4 % :grinning: 31.9 % 🧥 2 % 🙏 1.6 % 😟 2 % :cry: 3.5 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By KevS
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
So apparently the spunktrumpet was hunkered down in the Presidential Emergency Operations Center (PEOC), and I'm struggling to find out when a President last used it in anger.

Apparently it hadn't been used at all since half the White House staff was down there on 9/11, but Dubya was aboard Air Force One after leaving the school in Florida. Plus to be fair to those people, they were worried about a 737 landing on their heads as opposed to a couple of fires 200 yards away.

The only one I can guess at would be JFK at the height of the Cuban Missile Crisis. And again, for wholly understandable reasons.

By Oblomov
I'd heard that the lights in the White House were off and assumed he was doing the old Halloween trick of pretending to not be home so no one would bother him.
youngian liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
KevS wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:18 pm
So apparently the spunktrumpet was hunkered down in the Presidential Emergency Operations Center (PEOC), and I'm struggling to find out when a President last used it in anger.

Apparently it hadn't been used at all since half the White House staff was down there on 9/11, but Dubya was aboard Air Force One after leaving the school in Florida. Plus to be fair to those people, they were worried about a 737 landing on their heads as opposed to a couple of fires 200 yards away.

The only one I can guess at would be JFK at the height of the Cuban Missile Crisis. And again, for wholly understandable reasons.
The news said he'd been stuck in a bunker for 6 hours.
Shit golfer, I thought.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Bet they're rating to go with a trade deal with us. Millions unemployed, tens of thousands of deaths from covid, race riots in over 100 cities, President hunkering down in a bunker and putting out mad shit on twitter, China threatening a trade war and fuck knows what else.

We have booted the EU into touch and want to get in bed with this basket case country. Words fail me
Boiler, Watchman, Oblomov liked this
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
I think that, despite the language, Britain and the USA have very little in common. Gun nuts and bible bashing psychopaths are but two examples. They regard the NHS as some sort of communist conspiracy.

The Democrats would just about fit into British/European politics but the Republicans would be beyond the pale fringe crazies. As I have said before, its s society where you can go very easily and very quickly from riding round in s Cadillac to rummaging in bins for something to eat. Fuck em.
WTF?, oboogie liked this

By The Red Arrow

Once you've picked your jaw up from the floor from the sheer at gunpoint fakery of this photo-op, pause to think of the overt symbolism, that somebody, somewhere told Wotsit Hitler that this would bring the bible belt to his rescue. Then sit back and wait for the escalation of the argument over which side owns July 4th. At least the knock-on effect will be to make our very own Wotsit Hitler tribute act's attempted hijacking of the date even more laughable.

(link to video)
Oblomov liked this

By Catkins
If he loses in November he won't go, will he? Either that, or do something heinous in the 8 week handover period.

The British method is brutal, but if you lose the election you are out the next morning.
Boiler liked this

By Oblomov
Catkins wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:53 am
If he loses in November he won't go, will he? Either that, or do something heinous in the 8 week handover period.

The British method is brutal, but if you lose the election you are out the next morning.
They'll probably shred enough documents to fill a million hamster cages.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Catkins wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:53 am

Facebook pal in the USA says just this.
Troops on the street now is a dress rehearsal for "after the election".

On a completely unrelated note.
Has anybody noticed that the worst hit Covid-19 countries are those with a leader who followed the Bannon playbook and stoked internal divisions for poll ratings.
Oblomov liked this

By Boiler
Bones McCoy wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:32 pm
On a completely unrelated note.
Has anybody noticed that the worst hit Covid-19 countries are those with a leader who followed the Bannon playbook and stoked internal divisions for poll ratings.
Well, this bramble-scratched oaf (yes, I've been in a war of attrition with my garden again) noticed it some time ago...

Aye, you cold never accuse old Brian of being half[…]

The Trump Presidency

Sorry about the source, I was tidying my webmail u[…]

Roll Call

Sheringham and Blakeney Point. What a wonderful wa[…]

Michael Gove

I know some Besiktas fans still dining out on the […]