Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 36.8 % ❤ 2.2 % :thumbsup: 9.7 % 😯 9.7 % :grinning: 32.3 % 🧥 1.9 % 🙏 1.5 % 😟 1.9 % :cry: 3.7 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:51 pm
Worst president? Harding. Mob links, treated the office as an opportunity to loot the country, corrupt as hell, zero morality, massive reactionary bigot, remind you of anyone?
I'm still giving it to Trump.

I think Warren G. Harding might at least have had a shade more intelligence than a white dog turd.

By Tubby Isaacs
youngian wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:13 pm

And he still stands a good chance of being re-elected once he hits the campaign trail.
You think so? I think he's fucked. He bet the house on a load of incompetent Republican Southern Governors keeping control of the coronavirus and lost. I don't think there's any way back from that in 3 1/2 months. He'll be lucky to make it out into proper campaigning in that time.

By spoonman
Andy McDandy wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:51 pm
Worst president? Harding. Mob links, treated the office as an opportunity to loot the country, corrupt as hell, zero morality, massive reactionary bigot, remind you of anyone?
A majority of the cabinet at Westminster?

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:50 pm
youngian wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:13 pm

And he still stands a good chance of being re-elected once he hits the campaign trail.
You think so? I think he's fucked. He bet the house on a load of incompetent Republican Southern Governors keeping control of the coronavirus and lost. I don't think there's any way back from that in 3 1/2 months. He'll be lucky to make it out into proper campaigning in that time.

I thought the former draft dodger was finished when he mocked McCain's unbelievable heroism in captivity. There was no way gung-ho troop supporting but honourable voters in the heartlands would make a man like that POTUS. Trump's a hustler who can reinvent his clapped-out sports car that never worked as a nice little runner for gran to go to church in. We'll see humble Trump at peace with himself, a Trump that's been changed by crisis, a man who turned to a benevolent God for guidance.

If Trump is thrashed in November by Mr Dead it should be a huge moment for his protege Boris Johnson who will be able to read to the runes as to his future.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:15 am
We can see this re-invention going on now.

He's gonna win in November.
I'm not saying Trump's the favourite but he still has his evil genius street smarts that compensates for the absence of intelligence and morality from the rest of his brain.

By Tubby Isaacs
He's not street smart though. He's an idiot who came up against about the only people he could have beaten last time and fluked it by narrow wins in a few places that mattered, while shipping votes in places that didn't.

We've had this "gone reasonable" lots of times already, when somebody manages to make him stick to a what's on the autocue during a speech. It never lasts.
Arrowhead, Oblomov liked this

By Andy McDandy
America has a cottage industry of awful Jesus pictures, many in the style of the above. Have a look here:

https://www.cracked.com/article_19947_t ... tings.html
Abernathy, Oblomov liked this
Priti Patel

She's certainly on something. Tough on the war on […]

If ever you wanted to assess the intelligence, kno[…]

The only thing Farage would be noted for if he was[…]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

Isn't there such a thing as legitimate editorial c[…]