Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 36.7 % ❤ 2 % :thumbsup: 10.4 % 😯 9.8 % :grinning: 32.3 % 🧥 1.7 % 🙏 1.7 % 😟 1.7 % :cry: 3.4 % :shit: 0.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The part played by the Californian establishment shouldn't be overlooked either. They saw an opportunity to seize the generally profitable and valuable Japanese-American owned farmlands outside LA. Just remember that they were the same people who turned their backs on predominantly WASP "Okies" during the depression. Wild and crazy liberal California was some way in the future.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:52 am
The part played by the Californian establishment shouldn't be overlooked either. They saw an opportunity to seize the generally profitable and valuable Japanese-American owned farmlands outside LA. Just remember that they were the same people who turned their backs on predominantly WASP "Okies" during the depression. Wild and crazy liberal California was some way in the future.
That is true but the executive order authorising internment was still signed by Roosevelt and despite what Malcolm said Roosevelt's record on civil rights was actually quite poor one thing that is ignored is that many of the New Deal programs were segregated in order to appease the Dixiecrats.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:33 pm
You've convinced me, FDR was a cunt.
I never said that Malcolm, he was a great President but he wasn't without his flaws.

By oboogie
@Malcolm Armsteen, please forgive my laxity, but I seem to have overlooked the post in which you described Roosevelt as flawless.
Would you be so kind as to repost it?
Ta muchly.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
oboogie wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:10 pm
@Malcolm Armsteen, please forgive my laxity, but I seem to have overlooked the post in which you described Roosevelt as flawless.
Ta muchly.
Sorry, I don't seem to be able to find it. I'll get back to you.
oboogie liked this

By spoonman
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:52 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:33 pm
You've convinced me, FDR was a cunt.
I never said that Malcolm, he was a great President but he wasn't without his flaws.
The interment of many Japanese/American citizens during WWII was very much a notable blot on FDR's record, but pobody's nerfect.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
oboogie wrote:
Ta muchly.
That is a blatent twisting of my words.

By Malcolm Armsteen
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:05 pm
oboogie wrote:
Ta muchly.
That is a blatent twisting of my words.
Makes a change...
Shaun Bailey

It's like watching a shit version of Carcetti's […]

US election 2020

I'm delighted that Biden has "gone there"[…]

Was it followed by pictograms of a mushroom cloud […]

The Tories, Generally

The Tory spin and control of the media is so effe[…]