Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 34.5 % ❤ 3.2 % :thumbsup: 9.6 % 😯 10.7 % :grinning: 33.4 % 🧥 1.9 % 🙏 1.3 % 😟 1.3 % :cry: 3.7 % :shit: 0.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:48 pm
Elsewhere I am reading that what is happening to Trump is a blatant example of "cancel culture".
Corporations are people motherfuckers!!!
Corporations have their own first amendment rights.

Amazon's got more "votes" than Trump in this.

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
mr angry manchester wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:41 pm
There's a Butt Hole Lane near Rotherham. We had a client near it at the insurance place I worked at and when we used to visit them you went past it. Caused much mirth
Theres a Butt Hole Lane in Shepshed, Leices, the home ground of Shepshed Dynamo FC is on said lane, although quite sensibly, the ground is called The Dovecote
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Back to Trump, from rude and amusing names, Parler has been pulled by Amazon, Apple and Google from their app stores. Free speechers will moan, but anyone with a brain would have fucked it off, would you want something where incitement to murder is a run of the mill kind of post?

Arguably, it keeps the fuckwits isolated together in one place, but it's very toxic. Having said that though, the Scum and Heil skirt around incitement to mob violence too.

By Bones McCoy
mr angry manchester wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:09 pm
Back to Trump, from rude and amusing names, Parler has been pulled by Amazon, Apple and Google from their app stores. Free speechers will moan, but anyone with a brain would have fucked it off, would you want something where incitement to murder is a run of the mill kind of post?

Arguably, it keeps the fuckwits isolated together in one place, but it's very toxic. Having said that though, the Scum and Heil skirt around incitement to mob violence too.
The Scum and Heil self publish - Parler doesn't.

Related, but on a tiny scale:
The wargame and mini forum I occasionally visit (Nicknamed The Nazi Page by the hobby) has gone awfully quiet.
The usual suspects have not called for a genocide or posted about their "Second American Civil War" games for over a week.
Nor have the gobby ones posted their twisted interpretations of old military or law enforcement oaths, which they once felt entitled that to use force against elecetd Democrats.

I've no idea whether this represents old farts coming to their senses when the shit got real, or a bunch of daytrippers finding themselves stranded in DC because they're on a no-fly list.

By Bones McCoy
Part of a continuing series: Play Pirates, get keel-hauled.

Trump rioter caught on video sobbing 'they called me a terrorist' after being put on 'no-fly' list

https://www.rawstory.com/rioter-kicked- ... y4TxnDh2TY

Little Jimmy's gotta walk back to mommy's basement.

Some of these goons are on no-fly lists.
More will be arrested, what's the hurry, if the feds wait a couple of weeks there's no possibility of a presidential pardon.

Then it's trial, likely jail time, and a few extras courtesy of Uncle Sam.
* Loss of security clearance and possibly service/cop pension.
* No Visas for international travel (in case they want to visit their pal Nigel in England).
* Felons barred form owning firearms.

I can see a lot of them moving to some cult ranch (sp?) in Montana.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
I think that a country which prioritises the right of its citizens to carry dangerous weapons over the right of access to affordable, universal health care is not civilised at all.
randomelement liked this

By Andy McDandy
AFAGUSLAE applies, as ever.

As for the Parler data and the no fly guys awaiting a knock, what can I say? Only very stupid people think that the police are stupid.
The Trump Presidency

Thankfully, Bannon is far from off the hook. http[…]

The Biden Presidency.

Watching the inauguration with an overwhelming sen[…]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

Ah, this is about Rosie. I thought at the time tha[…]

"Boris" Johnson

Will grease actually adhere to that oleaginous cop[…]