Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 33.5 % ❤ 3.1 % :thumbsup: 10.7 % 😯 10.7 % :grinning: 33.5 % 🧥 1.8 % 🙏 1.5 % 😟 1.3 % :cry: 3.6 % :shit: 0.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Inability to defer gratification.
Kicks off when things aren't going their way.
High maintenance lifestyle.
Magic thinking that problems like the taxman will go away if ignored.

There's a type emerging.

By The Red Arrow
The Incompetence Lasted to the Very End

The former president’s lawyers were bad—but that was all too typical.
9:00 PM ET
David Frum
Staff writer at The Atlantic
If future generations of law professors want to teach a class in what never to do, the belligerent and self-indulgent performance of Michael van der Veen, one of Donald Trump’s impeachment lawyers, could provide a lot of the video content...
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... nd/618022/

Edit: See also -

For Trump, V is for victory – while his lawyers flick a V-sign our way
Richard Wolffe

Last year, Michael van der Veen sued Trump for claiming voter fraud. On Friday, he helped present an insult to US democracy

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... tor-schoen

By Andy McDandy
As Sartre said, it's impossible and futile to try to debate with a fascist, because they're just humouring you before getting bored and punching you in the face. As is the case here - he's confident of acquittal, so he's just running it all as a fuck you to everyone he hates.

By AOB
I take it the Republicans won't ever endorse him as a candidate again? Sorry if I seem a bit dim on this. The way I see it is that if he runs for President in 2024 as an independent he will have zero chance of beating a Democrat or Republican. Might get more votes than your usual Indy but the electorate will stick with one of the big two, as a mass?

By Bones McCoy
AOB wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:09 am
I take it the Republicans won't ever endorse him as a candidate again? Sorry if I seem a bit dim on this. The way I see it is that if he runs for President in 2024 as an independent he will have zero chance of beating a Democrat or Republican. Might get more votes than your usual Indy but the electorate will stick with one of the big two, as a mass?
I think he will contest the Republican primaries ahead of the '24 election where his 20-30% MAGA hardliners will make him a front-runner against the other 10 or 12 hopefuls.

Should he become the main candidate, expect lots more "sub Saharan" images of heavily armed campaigners attempting to police the streets.

By Andy McDandy
I just don't get it. The gun nuts and proud boys aside, there must still be millions of vaguely sane Republicans. Why are the reps so in thrall to the lunatic fringe?

By Boiler
Andy McDandy wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:10 am
I just don't get it. The gun nuts and proud boys aside, there must still be millions of vaguely sane Republicans. Why are the reps so in thrall to the lunatic fringe?
The votes aren't secret. If they don't nail their colours to the Trump mast they probably fear the nutjobs will turn their attention to them.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Yes; this is what you voted for. Screenshot_202[…]

Roll Call

I'm surprised how many of those in my circle of […]

The Biden Presidency.

Well, at the moment they're busy moaning that they[…]

"Yebbut everyone was doing it" didn't […]