•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By merk
Membership Days
Guys,

I've been out of town on urgent family business since the weekend with little access and less inclination to get this site back up and running.

I know a few of you have tweeted me and I've only just seen them, thanks for letting me know but I'm sure it goes without saying that most people don't respond very well to shirty messages because your favourite website is down, I'm one of those people, and as I've discovered recently some things are just too damn important to care about the trivial shit.

I'm working with a forum mod to move over control of the site to them, I don't know when this will be but I'm hoping to be able to do it before the new year and then after many glorious years I'm bowing out.

If in the meantime, the site happens to go down over the weekend for one reason or another, sure feel free to let me know, but don't be a dick about it. Take the downtime to go out and enjoy life and the fucking wondrous and shitty things it throws at you, spend some time with a loved one, go for a walk, sing a song, have a massive wank, whatever.

Cheers
Merk

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Sorry about that, Merk.

By Littlejohn's brain
Membership Days Posts
Just out of interest, why does forum go down on the 12th day of every month?

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Posts
From Mrs Mayle...

Dear Mr Merk

Thank you for Mailwatch's downtime, I've managed to tick off a number of urgent and non-urgent items from the list of Things That Need To Be Done Around The House I gave to my husband some time ago.

Mrs M

xx

By Slagella
Membership Days
Littlejohn's brain wrote:Just out of interest, why does forum go down on the 12th day of every month?

Must be a monthly cron job which fails.

By lambswool
Membership Days
It was like the good old days when we had to make our own entertainment.

Sorry you've been hassled, merk. Hope all well with you.

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
I have now reached out to, and warned a board member for the tone taken in hassling a member of site staff during the downtime.

The person will not be named, to avoid any potential for identifying them personally, however please all be aware that the site staff are human beings, none of you pay to use the site, and we all give our time and resources freely to help create a positive and intelligent community.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Posts
I'm Abernathy, and I approved this message. 8)

By Agnes
Sorry to hear of your trouble, Merk.

By Catkins
Membership Days
Sorry to hear that too. This site is much appreciated.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Glad its back, I enjoy the pithy and intelligent discussion we have on here, with an occasional bit of stupidity thrown in. Your efforts are very much appreciated

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Welcome back, thanks for fixing it.

I hope your other business is also on the mend.
By randomelement
Membership Days
Thanks for resetting the forum :)

Even though I don't post a great deal, but I do enjoy reading it.
By visage
Membership Days Posts
The 12th again.

I know a bit about forum hosting - i'd be happy to pass on some advice if anyone needs a little help.
Nigel Farage

P.S. My new Irish passport came in the post thi[…]

Shona Sibary

Blimey, it's been a while! Admittedly I don't […]

Samantha Bee

Re: Oh shit, Brexit: I liked the way the Americans[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

True. There are always so many candidates...