•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Seriously, I would like to know.

By Boiler
Someone in the past has suggested a *nix cron job that goes wrong: I'm now wondering if that is tied up to my usual grumble about the cache directory not being writable.

phpBB is well beyond my pay grade, sadly. I know from searches that there are issues with phpBB 3 (and one of them is indeed "cache NOT writable).

However, nonetheless I think it's great that Merk has given us a free-to-use playground for so long - I've just had a mod on another forum threaten me with closing my account after he challenged me over using an adblocker/tracker blocker and not subscribing. He got handed his arse on a plate by a couple of the regulars.
Last edited by Boiler on Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By lambswool
Membership Days
lambswool wrote:It's 04:12 and it's the 12th of June.

All is well.

So far . . . . .
In my naïveté I thought that, at the exact stroke of midnight, the forum would go 'phut'.
So I was chuffed to see it up and running in the early hours when I had one of my regular bouts of insomnia. I looked in again, though, at 4:40 and . . . . . nothing.

Glad it's been fixed so promptly this time.

By Littlejohn's brain
Membership Days Posts
I'm with Arnold on this, why is this happening and how can it be solved? Please no glib responses.

By Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:

However, nonetheless I think it's great that Merk has given us a free-to-use playground for so long.
Agreed, and I'm not complaining. Just wondering if it can be sorted.

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Posts
Arnold wrote:Seriously, I would like to know.

I seriously don't know Arnold.

I believe Merk said he runs the forum via his own servers and although Admins have access to certain functions it's only when the board is live.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
lambswool wrote:
lambswool wrote:It's 04:12 and it's the 12th of June.

All is well.

So far . . . . .
In my naïveté I thought that, at the exact stroke of midnight, the forum would go 'phut'.
So I was chuffed to see it up and running in the early hours when I had one of my regular bouts of insomnia. I looked in again, though, at 4:40 and . . . . . nothing.

Glad it's been fixed so promptly this time.
Sounds like a cron (batch) job scheduled at 4:15 or 4:30 that runs some maintenance.

Are we able to find out whether it was manually revived, or did it come back of its own accord?

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
Well, here we are again. Gratitude in advance for those who will get it working once more.

See you Thursday....

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Posts
Blue Peter are burying a Time Capsule in the Odd-Topic area for Thursday

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
What a twelfth to be in deeply catholic Regensburg. No mailwatch to preoccupy me and it was hardly worth taking a brush to my bowler, after all.

Oh well, I will have to make do with a biergarten with the lesbians. My kinda #nosurrender, possibly.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
It's 2:30am here, I cant sleep and Mailwatch is still working... but the West Coast is 8 hours behind...

By Zuriblue
14:20 CET

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Prompt work by Merk, he's a great guy!

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Posts
He made Mailwatch great again
The Mail's Front Page Headline

Ah, I dunno that it's even that limited. I've neve[…]

Momentum

I will now lay my cards on the table and tell you […]