Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 32.9 % ❤ 2.7 % :thumbsup: 24 % 😯 9.6 % :grinning: 19.2 % 🙏 1.4 % 😟 6.2 % :cry: 3.4 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:05 pm
The Democrats probably need 51 to get a decent stimulus through, because Manchin the Blue Dog might hold it up. I think 51 would be a heck of a result.

Here's one where chances might be improving. Georgia (Special).

Did you see her Ad when she compared herself to Atilla the Hun?

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Ah, the good old BBC false equivalence. Biden didn't give a final answer on whether he'd expand the supreme court to deal with the imbalance caused by the republican's double standards, but said he would once he'd seen how the Senate approach the confirmation hearings. Trump refused to condemn an insane QAnon conspiracy theory.

But both "deflecting key questions" :roll:
youngian, spoonman, Timbo liked this

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Maybe what Tip O'Neill once said all politics being local is true after all.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... greenfield
In the middle of an unexpectedly close reelection fight, Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst could have used a strong night at a virtual debate Thursday against Democratic challenger Theresa Greenfield. Instead, she bungled a question that her opponent said an Iowa senator should know the answer to.

It started when Greenfield correctly answered a question about the “break-even” price of corn — it’s going for about $3.68 per bushel, she said, and at that price, there might be some farmers who are meeting their production costs. Then the moderator asked Ernst a similar question about the break-even price of soybeans. Ernst answered $5.50, well below the actual price of $10.05. She then complained to the moderator that Greenfield had not been posed the same question.

Greenfield immediately seized on the moment, tweeting that Ernst “should know the price of soybeans.”

By davidjay
MisterMuncher wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:48 pm
An electoral system that can't manage queues as well as Lidl isn't something you construct by accident or neglect. You'd have to work at it.
They have. It's Trump's one shining success.

By Bones McCoy
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:43 pm
Good God. I mean, she's right. This stuff is literally impossible to solve.

I'm just guessing here.
I reckon you could provide a lot of voting capacity for the cost of one of those police department armoured personnel carriers.
It's all a matter of priorities.
Twat of the Day

Apple woman was a bit too obvious, so here's toda[…]

Poppy Day bingo

Complete with wrong colours on the Spit. :roll: […]

Nicola Sturgeon sounding like Michael Gove on Brex[…]

On the Radio

R4’s Across the Red line asks whether impart[…]