Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 21.4 % :thumbsup: 25 % 😯 3.6 % :grinning: 10.7 % 🙏 7.1 % 😟 17.9 % :cry: 14.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By lord_kobel
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:57 am
Also I have provided you with evidence that African-Americans are the mainstay of Biden's support
Again, unless I've missed it, no you haven't. You've posted that he's got support from African-Americans, and that said support is important, but you've posted nothing that says that support is his "mainstay" or "main support". For that you'd need something comparing the size of his African-American support to that of the rest of his support. If that is somewhere on those links you've posted, I'll happily admit to being wrong, but I didn't see it when I went through it.

By lord_kobel
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:53 pm
It's bizarre that being seen to be bipartisan is being made into a disadvantage.
Given how badly it fucked Obama over, I'm not suprised.

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
(see Obamacare).
Exactly. A watered down, crippled version of what was actually needed which might have actually happened if Obama had pushed forward when he had control of the senate.

See also Merrick Garland.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:14 am
Also, whatever the complexities of sexual assault allegations, the burden of proof, inherent bias in the system and society against women and all the rest of it; aside from presumption of innocence, vexatious complaints do happen.

I should know. I was on the receiving end of one. Harassment. Reputation dragged through the shitter, arrested, investigation led to all charges being dropped as her story fell apart. Still fucked my life over.
Sorry to hear that Andy.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
lord_kobel wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:08 pm
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:57 am
Also I have provided you with evidence that African-Americans are the mainstay of Biden's support
Again, unless I've missed it, no you haven't. You've posted that he's got support from African-Americans, and that said support is important, but you've posted nothing that says that support is his "mainstay" or "main support". For that you'd need something comparing the size of his African-American support to that of the rest of his support. If that is somewhere on those links you've posted, I'll happily admit to being wrong, but I didn't see it when I went through it.
Wow the amount of hair splitting you've done is really quite something.
oboogie liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
lord_kobel wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:15 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
It's bizarre that being seen to be bipartisan is being made into a disadvantage.
Given how badly it fucked Obama over, I'm not suprised.

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
(see Obamacare).
Exactly. A watered down, crippled version of what was actually needed which might have actually happened if Obama had pushed forward when he had control of the senate.

See also Merrick Garland.
You realise they needed 60 votes in the Senate? They passed a public option in the House which could later have been built up into "Medicare for All", but it was taken out to get the 60th vote.

Obamacare is actually pretty good. If a state government engages properly with it, and the federal government keeps on top of the insurers, you can get the uninsured number right down.

What's the point about Merrick Garland? They didn't control the Senate when Scalia died. What was Obama supposed to do?

By Andy McDandy
Fox News of all people is reporting that Biden is leading in both Pennsylvania and Michigan. He'll need to swing those two if he wants to win.

Almost 200 days out, so very much too early to tell, but possibly a bit of good news.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-ne ... d=[UNIQID]

By spoonman
When it comes to the suitability of Joe Biden being the Democrats' nominee for President and the potential skeletons in his closet, I'm inclined to recall the run-off elections for the Lousiana State Govenorship in 1991 and the French Presidency in 2002.

"Vote for the crook, not the Nazi. It's important."

P.S. I'm not wishing to imply that Biden is a crook - rather that for all his failings, he's infinitly better than the current incumbent.
Arrowhead liked this
The Trump Presidency

I wonder if we're starting to see the USA, at leas[…]

Michael Gove

Sarah Vine's next column might actually be worth a[…]

Roll Call

Afternoon all, Beautiful day. Tempted to go for a[…]

Labour, Generally.

It's no good. Been watching the BBC Parliament Cha[…]