Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 32.6 % ❤ 3.9 % :thumbsup: 22.1 % 😯 7.8 % :grinning: 25.2 % 🙏 1.2 % 😟 4.3 % :cry: 2.7 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The Trump number will come down the nearer we get to Tuesday, I expect, barring some Comey-style shock.

538 have Biden up slightly in Georgia, which would be good because it's got 2 senate elections as well. The have Trump up slightly in Iowa, which also has a senate race. Would be nice to lead that one as well.

By Tubby Isaacs
Talking of the senate. it seems like the Democrats are clearly favoured to win the Michigan Senate election which looked like it could be dicey for them. But I fear Montana might be out range- Covid's taken off and the Democrat senate candidate is the current governor.

By Kreuzberger
It'll all be fine once they tell me that Bowie isn't really dead. Until then, I'll carry on kacking bricks, ta muchly.
Boiler, Catkins liked this

By davidjay
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:09 pm
I just can't bring myself to believe he won't win. Not after what happened in 2016. People with far more knowledge of US politics than me claim things are looking different this time round, voter turnout and such, but I'll have to see it before I believe it. 2020 has been too shit to expect a positive outcome from this!
My thoughts word for word.

By Boiler
Yes, everybody goes on and on about the sheer numbers of people voting early in the US. They could all be voting for Trump.

I'll believe it's all over when I see the result on the morning of 5/11.

By Tubby Isaacs
Trump's not happy with his Supreme pals. Kavanaugh and Roberts voted with the liberals, Coney Barret wasn't seated in time to take part.

Needless to say Trump is lying about elections ending on Nov 3rd. They're usually called and conceded, but votes get counted afterwards.

By KevS
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:09 pm
I just can't bring myself to believe he won't win. Not after what happened in 2016. People with far more knowledge of US politics than me claim things are looking different this time round, voter turnout and such, but I'll have to see it before I believe it. 2020 has been too shit to expect a positive outcome from this!
Exactly. 2016 pulled that trick on us twice with Brexit and Trump of course:

11pm "Huzzah, good has triumphed!" *Goes to bed*
3am *Looks at phone* "Not so sure about this, you know..."
6am *Wakes up* "Oh, fuck!"

I'm not going to feel convinced until Biden is standing outside the Capitol with his hand on that Bible....
Catkins liked this

By Boiler
I woke up in the middle of the night in a hotel in Paris on the night of the Brexit Referendum, found BBC News... and watched in horror. Couldn't get back to sleep - turned up at work utterly fucked.

By Kreuzberger
Boiler wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:34 pm
I woke up in the middle of the night in a hotel in Paris on the night of the Brexit Referendum, found BBC News... and watched in horror. Couldn't get back to sleep - turned up at work utterly fucked.
I woke at six with a dreadful sense of foreboding and sobbed for a couple of hours. We packed up the picnic basket and a bottle of vodka, and took a train to go swimming at the old DDR open-air in Brieselang. Fortunately, we could grab another bottle at the Netto before going in.

What a shite day, that was.
Catkins liked this
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Fuck it. Nowt any of us can do about it anyway. I've given up on thinking that we can change the world, it's never going to get changed, it's run by, and on behalf of a corrupt capitalist elite, who rely on the media to propagandise the docile herd.

Balls to it. They vote for an idiot like Trump, we voted for Brexit, both as bad.
spoonman liked this

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
My take on this election is this if states Georgia look like going Democrat then it's a sign the Republicans are in trouble even if Trump wins then at least some Republican senators will lose.
Chris Grayling

Chris Grayling leads MPs' charge to save hedgehog[…]

Roll Call

As does your presence here.

Richard Littlejohn

Mouthy bird, Inshee?

With the EU considering banning vaccine exports, i[…]