Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 21.4 % :thumbsup: 25 % 😯 3.6 % :grinning: 10.7 % 🙏 7.1 % 😟 17.9 % :cry: 14.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By spoonman
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:57 am
I've just seen a Septic lambast that piece (originally from Quora, I believe) about Trump, and then go on to say that Trump and Johnson are great leaders.
barbieKenTrmp.jpg
barbieKenTrmp.jpg (126.86 KiB) Viewed 1344 times

By spoonman
Abernathy wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:11 am
I think you'll find that Barbie herself is also sadly devoid of fadge.
A 3mm drill bit can easily fix that... :shock:

By Tubby Isaacs
Two polls today have Biden up in Texas. There's a Senate race in Texas too. Trump will almost certainly win (it would be like Obama winning Indiana in 2008, would need a spectacularly result nationally for the Republicans) but as I say, it could be useful to tie up a load of Republican time and money on what ought to be a dead cert.

By Tubby Isaacs
More realistically, but probably a bit optimistic, a hat trick of poll leads for the Democrats in North Carolina (Presidential, US Senate, Governor). The governor will likely win- governors have to be spectacularly awful to lose re-election, and he has a big lead- but the others wil be close. Sadly, the one that the Democrats probably need most, the Senate, is the closest. Would be nice to win the presidential but if they do, they've likely won anyway on results elsewhere.
Arrowhead liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
Ha ha. Hot in the kitchen?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... gn-manager
Trump erupts over poll slump and threatens to sue campaign manager
President blows his top in Friday argument and reportedly tells Brad Parscale ‘I’m not fucking losing to Joe Biden’ in November
Brad Parscale is appalling. I quite like the idea of him being sued by Trump even though it would be one of those "frivolous lawsuits" the RIght tell us about.

By Tubby Isaacs
Georgia is a sort of mini Texas- ought to be safe enough Republican now, trending more Democratic. But polls stunningly worse for Republicans than Texas, where the Republicans have some popular individual politicians. Again, Trump/Republicans likely to win but nice for the rest of us if they have to spend a ton of money defending the state.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:26 pm
Georgia is a sort of mini Texas- ought to be safe enough Republican now, trending more Democratic. But polls stunningly worse for Republicans than Texas, where the Republicans have some popular individual politicians. Again, Trump/Republicans likely to win but nice for the rest of us if they have to spend a ton of money defending the state.

They're likely to win thanks in part to voter suppresion that's helped them retain the governorship.

By Arrowhead
Fascinating stuff, although I think we are right to view these kind of polls with a huge pinch of salt. I'm sure I recall seeing similar numbers in the lead up to the 2016 elections, and yet the GOP eventually ended up with more power than they had ever enjoyed before in their history.

McConnell himself is up for re-election later this year. I'm sure he'll win as Kentucky is a fairly reliably Republican state, however the Democrats recently retook the Governor's Mansion so you never know.

By Tubby Isaacs
Trump is up in the Montana presidential poll and ought to win that, and maybe they'll will win the governorship too. But it's a funny state. In 2018, it elected a Democrat senator and a Republican to the House (the whole state is one single at large district). It's conceivable that the candidate for governor could be the current house rep, Greg Gianforte, known for beating up a journalist and lying about it. If he runs for governor, the Democrats could take the house seat.
'
The Democrats have won the Kentucky governorship 3 times out of 4. McConnell will likely hang on. Powerful senators have a lot of power to direct spending towards their states and can call in favours in elections. He and his donors won't enjoy spending money on Kentucky, with all the others that are up.

Trump won big with independents in 2016, which I'd be surprised if he did again. And I think the fact everyone thought Clinton would win probably helped Republicans in the other races. Lots of them got away with running as Trump-sceptic too. That one's sailed.
Arrowhead liked this
The Trump Presidency

Live by the mob... At least Nero had the decency[…]

Michael Gove

It's official! Gove's a wanker! :lol: https://w[…]

Twat of the Day

What an utter twat that man is. One of the most co[…]

Boris Johnson

"When the Cummings story gets to be written&q[…]