Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 32.3 % ❤ 3.9 % :thumbsup: 21.7 % 😯 7.9 % :grinning: 25.6 % 🙏 1.2 % 😟 4.3 % :cry: 2.8 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Interesting thread. If I've read it right, Trump's slight proportional improvement with non-white voters was cancelled out by the overall increase in turnout.

To use a silly example, if the Democrats win black voters by a proportion of 90-10 and only 100 vote, they vote margin is 80 votes. If they win black voters by 89-11 but 110 vote, then they win by 98-12 or thereabouts, which is a margin of 86.

By mattomac
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:19 pm
Interesting thread. If I've read it right, Trump's slight proportional improvement with non-white voters was cancelled out by the overall increase in turnout.

To use a silly example, if the Democrats win black voters by a proportion of 90-10 and only 100 vote, they vote margin is 80 votes. If they win black voters by 89-11 but 110 vote, then they win by 98-12 or thereabouts, which is a margin of 86.

Is this taking into account exit polls conducted via the web afterwards, those in person are heavily skewered.

I did like how they found some votes in Georgia and they were mailed in votes that benefited Trump. All seemed to be one county, they’ve found 15 others I think across the other counties.

By Tubby Isaacs
mattomac wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:17 pm

Is this taking into account exit polls conducted via the web afterwards, those in person are heavily skewered.

I did like how they found some votes in Georgia and they were mailed in votes that benefited Trump. All seemed to be one county, they’ve found 15 others I think across the other counties.
The difference between voting on the day and voting in other ways is well understood, so I would assume it takes account of that.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Boiler wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:54 pm
How can you have an "extreme centre"?
You can have an absolute centre, but the extremes are always on the edge.

Either that or you're playing chess on a 4d Mobeius strip.
The Tories, Generally

https://c.yell.com/t_galleryFit,f_auto/4040bcd0[…]

What did the General Secretary actually rule was[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

Interesting, even taking into account my mistrus[…]

Odin in an Opel! https://twitter.com/rachaelven[…]