Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 32.3 % ❤ 3.9 % :thumbsup: 21.7 % 😯 7.9 % :grinning: 25.6 % 🙏 1.2 % 😟 4.3 % :cry: 2.8 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I'm sure she's eminently qualified. It just so happens that a vital point on the person specs for Trump's team is "if a woman, look like a sexbot".

But anyway, see if I've got this straight. His plan is to lose all these state court cases, then appeal to the supreme court and his minions there find in his favour? I'm no lawyer, but I'm sure there's a flaw in this plan.

By Boiler
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-55038777
A prominent ally of Donald Trump has urged him to drop his efforts to overturn his loss to Joe Biden in the US presidential election.

Former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie called the president's legal team a "national embarrassment".

By crabcakes_windermere
His plan seems to have been throw out a billion lawsuits, get them in front of Republican judges, and they will rule in our favour because TRUMP. And if they don't, appeal, and then eventually the SC will rule in our favour. And in the meantime try and strongarm states into simply ignoring what their voters said and put forward Trump-voting electoral college members.

The *tiny* flaw in the plan was that none of it worked. he's attempted to pull off a coup, but rather than an armed militia he's used a bunch of incompetent lawyers, his coke-addled offspring and Twitter.

I really, really hope this absolute bin fire of cowardice and open cheating, and the fact he's starting to turn on GOP suck-ups who haven't been sufficiently loyal, will push enough people in Georgia to flip the senate. Trump's gross incompetence and awfulness resulting in Mitch McConnell being binned off would be absolute poetic justice.
Timbo, Arrowhead, Boiler liked this

By MisterMuncher
Boiler wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:31 am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-55038777
A prominent ally of Donald Trump has urged him to drop his efforts to overturn his loss to Joe Biden in the US presidential election.

Former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie called the president's legal team a "national embarrassment".
That's coming from a man who was caught sunbathing with his family on a beach that he'd closed to the public and proceeded to try and just brazen it out.

By Arrowhead
KevS wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:53 pm
No tweets for seventeen hours.

Is he dead?
He tweeted a short while ago, seemingly giving Emily Murphy the thumbs-up to allow Biden's formal transition process to begin.

Looks like he has finally realised his goose is well and truly cooked.
The Tories, Generally

I do wonder if they're trying to compete for some […]

What did the General Secretary actually rule was[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

Interesting, even taking into account my mistrus[…]

Odin in an Opel! https://twitter.com/rachaelven[…]