Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 29.3 % ❤ 3.4 % :thumbsup: 29.3 % 😯 5.2 % :grinning: 12.1 % 🙏 3.4 % 😟 10.3 % :cry: 6.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Conducted by an activist group, End Citizens United, so probably too good to be true. But anyway.

Iowa voted for Obama twice, but it's got lots of whites without college degrees who powered Trump to a fairly easy win. Trump will very likely win again, but Ernst isn't all that popular. You could get enough people vote for Trump but not for her.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
I’ve seen a few vox pops of Trump voters who previously went for Obama and still think he did a good job. Hard to see the similarities on the surface but both can put it over well and they aren’t traditional long established Washington insiders. Both Obama and Trump were queue jumpers who grabbed the presidency but that’s admired in the US. Politically a healthy scepticism of military adventurism is the only similarity I can think of.
By mattomac
youngian wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:42 pm
I’ve seen a few vox pops of Trump voters who previously went for Obama and still think he did a good job. Hard to see the similarities on the surface but both can put it over well and they aren’t traditional long established Washington insiders. Both Obama and Trump were queue jumpers who grabbed the presidency but that’s admired in the US. Politically a healthy scepticism of military adventurism is the only similarity I can think of.
Both stopped Hilary Clinton winning?

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
This cheeky attack ad is being labelled as ‘psy-ops’ by Trump’s cookie supporters. The Lincoln Project seems to be an organisation set up to remove Trump dominated by Republicans who believe in old fashioned stuff like presidents should obey the law and the constitution

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:50 pm
This cheeky attack ad is being labelled as ‘psy-ops’ by Trump’s cookie supporters. The Lincoln Project seems to be an organisation set up to remove Trump dominated by Republicans who believe in old fashioned stuff like presidents should obey the law and the constitution
They've made some brilliant attack ads here's another

By MisterMuncher
youngian wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:50 pm

Led by Rick Wilson, George W's man in Florida. And George Conway, husband of Trump press sec Kellyanne Conway.

Could this election cycle be the start of a schism?

By Tubby Isaacs

Coronavirus could have helped Trump. Not just in the way it's helped lots of incumbents (on TV every day sounding purposeful) but because it hits the economy, and Trump leads on that. "You know who's best to get the economy going again? Me, because I did it before" etc.

Well, him and Republicans in Congress did it before by borrowing shitloads, having stopped Obama from doing that.

By davidjay
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:59 pm

Coronavirus could have helped Trump. Not just in the way it's helped lots of incumbents (on TV every day sounding purposeful) but because it hits the economy, and Trump leads on that. "You know who's best to get the economy going again? Me, because I did it before" etc.

Well, him and Republicans in Congress did it before by borrowing shitloads, having stopped Obama from doing that.
Never, ever again can we laugh at Americans and their understanding of politics. We're both being shit on, but we're saying thank you while they're saying fuck you.
Arrowhead liked this
The Tories, Generally

https://twitter.com/alanferrier/status/12910120818[…]

Boris Johnson

https://mobile.twitter.com/alanferrier/status/1291[…]

Meanwhile, in Lebanon

On conspiracy theories... https://www.bbc.co.uk/n[…]

Roll Call

It certainly seems to be making my local takeaway […]