Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 31.9 % ❤ 4 % :thumbsup: 21.9 % 😯 8 % :grinning: 25.5 % 🙏 1.2 % 😟 4.4 % :cry: 2.8 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By phil1979
Membership Days
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:45 am
Which is why putting up a racist rapist with brain rot against him is such a stupid idea.
Except he isn't.

1. Biden is such a racist that his main support in the primary was African-American not to mention he was Obama's Vice President.

2. The rape allegation is unproven and hasn't been touched by mainstream media, also the woman in question happens to be a Putin supporting Bernie fan.

3. One thing that went so well in 2016 was people playing amateur doctor.
Point 2 - agree with the first bit, but feel uncomfortable with the last sentence. I don't feel you should dismiss any accusation of rape on the basis of who the woman is.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Which is why putting up a racist rapist with brain rot against him is such a stupid idea.
Except he isn't.

1. Biden is such a racist that his main support in the primary was African-American not to mention he was Obama's Vice President.

2. The rape allegation is unproven and hasn't been touched by mainstream media, also the woman in question happens to be a Putin supporting Bernie fan.

Biden isn't a racist but he went with"legitimate concerns" about bussing in the old days. I don't know if there's enought there for Republican concern trolling to depress black turnout.

One area where the Democrats could quickly make a positive difference is by passing a decent civil right act. There's one on McConnell's desk already, I think.

By lord_kobel
The Weeping Angel wrote:
1. Biden is such a racist that his main support in the primary was African-American
His "main support"? Where are you getting that from?

The Weeping Angel wrote:
not to mention he was Obama's Vice President.
As a sop to the old white guys who weren't comfortable with a black guy in charge without a white guy to lead him.

I mean, have you actually looked at Biden's past? He fought against school desegregation and was mates with known racist Strom Thurmond. More recently he's blamed black parents for their kids poor education and said that "poor kids are just as bright as white ones"...

The Weeping Angel wrote:
2. The rape allegation is unproven
Just like pretty much all rape allegations. What has been proved already though is just how fucking dodgy he is around women and kids:

The Weeping Angel wrote:
and hasn't been touched by mainstream media,
Yet, because getting Sanders out first was more important. Now that's done, this'll be much more of a thing.

The Weeping Angel wrote:
also the woman in question happens to be a Putin supporting Bernie fan.
Do you find it suprising that a woman would support the opponent of the man who attacked her? Really?

The Weeping Angel wrote:
So you're saying Biden is just as fucked up mentally as trump? And you think that's a good thing?

I mean, how well do you think this is going to go down in the debates, when he doesn't have notes in front of him:

By Tubby Isaacs
I mean, have you actually looked at Biden's past? He fought against school desegregation and was mates with known racist Strom Thurmond. More recently he's blamed black parents for their kids poor education and said that "poor kids are just as bright as white ones"...
Mates with Strom Thurmond? I've seen that he said James Eastland was "civil". Eastland has been dead for 34 years. Those old Southern Democrats (some of whom changed party, some didn't) were very powerful because they had held their seats forever and got to chair committees which can kill stuff in the Senate.
As a sop to the old white guys who weren't comfortable with a black guy in charge without a white guy to lead him.
Lead him?! The Vice Presidency was described as one incumbent as not worth "a pot of warm piss". But yeah, Biden was there to reassure more conservative white democrats. You know who else was on a ticket to do that? LBJ. Not to say Biden will pass the Great Society or do an LBJ on Vietnam, but there's a tradition for this stuff and it doesn't stop somebody stepping up as President.
His "main support"? Where are you getting that from?
Were blacks not his best group in the Democratic Primary? Certainly, he did very badly in some places with not many blacks (Iowa, New Hampshire) and very well in places with lots of them (South Carolina). But because there are far more whites than blacks, more of his supporters will be white.

By Tubby Isaacs
So you're saying Biden is just as fucked up mentally as trump? And you think that's a good thing?

I mean, how well do you think this is going to go down in the debates, when he doesn't have notes in front of him:
I think the debates don't matter that much anyway. Trump got killed in them.

I mean, "he looked at notes in an interview on the internet", that's supposed to be a big problem?
Yet, because getting Sanders out first was more important. Now that's done, this'll be much more of a thing.
The media didn't "get Sanders out". There aren't enough liberal Democrats who actually turn up and vote. Once the field narrowed to one, he had a problem. Lots of Sanders supporters, even when Warren was still in, actually had Biden as their second choice anyway. That's why Warren gave up.

But what's the logic? The media want Biden or they want Trump? The media isn't as liberal as it's made out, but most of them don't want Trump.

By bluebellnutter
Ah goody, it must be coming up to a POTUS election again, we're all trying to find as many faults as we can with the good guy so the bad guys get in again.
oboogie, Andy McDandy, spoonman and 1 others liked this

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Were blacks not his best group in the Democratic Primary? Certainly, he did very badly in some places with not many blacks (Iowa, New Hampshire) and very well in places with lots of them (South Carolina). But because there are far more whites than blacks, more of his supporters will be white.
Yes they were hence why after losing in New Hampshire and Nevada instead of blaming the media, Biden went down and campaigned in South Carolina winning that primary becasue Biden polled well with African-American voters.

By lord_kobel
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:42 pm
Mates with Strom Thurmond?
One of his "closest friends", in Biden's own words: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poli ... se-society

Tubby Isaacs wrote: I think the debates don't matter that much anyway. Trump got killed in them.
So the plan to win is to do worse than last time?

Tubby Isaacs wrote: I mean, "he looked at notes in an interview on the internet", that's supposed to be a big problem?
That he was shit even with notes? Yes, that's a problem.

Tubby Isaacs wrote: The media didn't "get Sanders out".
The point being if you can get rid of an opponent, you do it after they can easily be replaced.

Tubby Isaacs wrote:The media isn't as liberal as it's made out, but most of them don't want Trump.
Enough of them want trump or don't care about him getting in, as it gives them more to write about.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

There you go. We're inclusive, or we're not - maki[…]

C**t of the day

Pretty much most of the BTL commentariat on the ne[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

They'd be a bit late to the game because a "[…]

Richard Littlejohn

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9003377[…]