Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 32 % ❤ 1.9 % :thumbsup: 27.2 % 😯 7.8 % :grinning: 19.4 % 🙏 1.9 % 😟 5.8 % :cry: 3.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
I do so hope I'm the one in the wrong here come November. I have never wanted to be more wrong in my life.

I don't think the world can take another four years of that cunt - if only we could bin Johnson and sundry other walking bags of faecal matter here sooner rather than later.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:50 pm
Don't want to worry you but poll in Florida has Trump 1 up, and another in Pennsylvania has Biden up by only 2. But Biden 8 up in a Wisconsin poll. And Texas seems close, which is a major inconvenience to Trump.
Another set of polls has Biden with a 3% lead in Florida.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:39 pm

And here's another load of votes Trump has to pick up from somewhere - replacements for the morons who attend his rallies and then die of C-19 / become too ill to go and vote by election day. It might turn out to be a small number but every little helps.

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I read all the sensible, valid reasons why he's going to lose, and then I think America has had four years of a farcial administration headed by a man whose corruption and cronyism couldn't have been more clear if he was issuing invoices and receipts, and still the outcome is unsure. All it takes is just a comparative handful of the intended Biden vote to revert to better the devil you know, or he ain't that bad really, or in a crisis it's my patriotic duty to back my leader right or wrong, or there ain't no Goddamn foreigner telling ME which way to vote, and the world is fucked,
The Red Arrow liked this

By The Red Arrow
According to Pakman via NYT, Nectarine Nero has spaffed most of his campaign funds siphoning off to legal bills and payments to family. Our very stable billionaire can't afford tv ads and has pulled them. Money rolling in for Young Mr Grace - which is always useful in a U.S election.

By crabcakes_windermere
davidjay wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:04 am
I read all the sensible, valid reasons why he's going to lose, and then I think America has had four years of a farcial administration headed by a man whose corruption and cronyism couldn't have been more clear if he was issuing invoices and receipts, and still the outcome is unsure. All it takes is just a comparative handful of the intended Biden vote to revert to better the devil you know, or he ain't that bad really, or in a crisis it's my patriotic duty to back my leader right or wrong, or there ain't no Goddamn foreigner telling ME which way to vote, and the world is fucked,
I think this is 2 different things though. Society has a considerable basic percentage of steaming great cunts - racists, sociopathic capitalists and the like. They would have been attracted to Trump in 2016 like flies round shit, and they most likely have stayed put. Then there's a big chunk of the wilfully uninformed - the drones who watch Fox and nothing else and never question it. Those are Trump's bedrock support - the self-interested and the stupid.

What I don't think exists are some "give him another go" group. He's so polarising I can't honestly believe there's any sizeable population left that are on the fence, or that are informed enough to know what's going on so they're not already voting for Trump but will switch from Biden to him at the last moment. The only way I can see people going are Trump>Biden. The number of solid, lifelong republicans who are coming out for Biden would be *insane* in any other election.
Timbo liked this
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Have you seen this stuff about militias in I think, Kentucky? There's a white supremacist gang of twats called the Angry Vikings and a black group led by someone called Grandmaster J or something.

They've both got automatic weapons and there's no police in sight, it's like the wild West without a sheriff.

There's going to be a big shit show there whatever happens.

By crabcakes_windermere
The Red Arrow wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:11 am
According to Pakman via NYT, Nectarine Nero has spaffed most of his campaign funds siphoning off to legal bills and payments to family. Our very stable billionaire can't afford tv ads and has pulled them. Money rolling in for Young Mr Grace - which is always useful in a U.S election.
Given FB ads are frozen a week in advance of the election, this is even more important. Trump needs to be buying ads in swing states now, and instead is pulling them - and Biden is pulling in record amounts. This is not good for Trump. Which of course is great for the rest of us.

By crabcakes_windermere
With the release of the interview tapes for this latest book showing Trump knew how dangerous covid was in February, and his actual admission of such with the feeble excuse he didn’t want to start a panic, I would say he was now in serious trouble. Not just electorally, but from lawsuits from the bereaved. And we all know how much the US love lawyers...

By crabcakes_windermere
No idea, but they have close to 200,000 dead, probably 4 or 5 times that in long covid sufferers, and some states are apparently considering class action suits.

He’s made both his likelihood of leaving office and his need to stay in it to avoid prosecution considerably greater.
The Tories, Generally

This is an area where the Tories - by schmoozing a[…]

Michael Gove

I presume Johnson was too busy writing begging l[…]

Boris Johnson

Couldn't lipsync then, either. Van, or Boris[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Reckon this happened? https://twitter.com/danie[…]