Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 32 % ❤ 1.9 % :thumbsup: 27.2 % 😯 7.8 % :grinning: 19.4 % 🙏 1.9 % 😟 5.8 % :cry: 3.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Interesting poll from Indiana.

Wonder if the Libertarians (who are more Trumpy than Trump now) could be a nuisance at state level to the Republicans who've tried to taken Coronavirus seriously? Having said that, the Governor of Indiana wouldn't have much to lose by becoming more Trumpy.

By Tubby Isaacs
This would be very funny.

Some background- politicians in Texas (as in lots of states) get to set the district boundaries themselves (I know!). So they can gerrymander egregiously- ie set the map so that you win lots of districts by small amounts, while your opponents pile up enormous vote shares in a small number of districts.

The trouble with drawing a map like this is that it doesn't take too much of a shift for you to start losing these marginal districts you won before. And Texas has been shifting, more than any state. So the map the Republicans drew, with Machiavellian genius, now favours the Democrats- who can likely gain control by winning fewer votes than the Republicans. Quite a lot fewer.

This would be very funny indeed.

By Tubby Isaacs
This is interesting. Also from Texas- this is the incumbent US senator up for re-election

Obviously, Cornyn isn't going to be promoting much reform. But I'm surprised he feels he has to nod in this direction. That's not somebody wholly confident in Trumpery to win. (Though he probably will).

By Tubby Isaacs
Interesting insight into Republican campaigning here. They obviously feel that abolishing Obamacare is a vote loser.

You'd expect the emphasis in the primary and the general election to be a bit different, but this is spectacularly blatant. And indeed spectacularly tightfisted in using the same photo with different captions each time.

Interesting district,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana%2 ... l_district

Classic old style wealthy suburban mostly white Republican territory. Trump won it quite easily but it went for Joe Donnelly, the fairly conservative Democrat senator in 2018. So the Democrats could be competitive this time.
Meanwhile in America

This charmer has a good chance of winning a seat i[…]

Owen Jones

Some of them probably had memories of the elected […]

The Tories, Generally

This is an area where the Tories - by schmoozing a[…]

Michael Gove

I presume Johnson was too busy writing begging l[…]