Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 21.4 % :thumbsup: 25 % 😯 3.6 % :grinning: 10.7 % 🙏 7.1 % 😟 17.9 % :cry: 14.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By lord_kobel
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Cyclist wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:48 pm
One small point, my lord. Being investigated for something doesn't automatically mean the suspect is guilty (even if he probably is). America still works on the presumption of innocence.
True, but the nominee contest isn't a court of law and the issue is whether voters will think that he's guilty or not, and with his history of unwanted touching, sniffing and kissing women and children, even when he was still VP, it seems like madness to try it.

By lord_kobel
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:59 pm
The Kbbel said
He's being investigated for serious sexual assault. Go look up the details if that's not good enough for you.
Then he said
If you make a claim, the onus is on you to back it up.
You did already see the link I gave which backed up that claim, right? I mean, you commented on it, so i kinda thought you'd read it, but I might be wrong...

By Malcolm Armsteen
I'm just commenting on your lack of intellectual rigour. However you try to chop logic, that's what you wrote.

Which, coincidentally, rhymes with scrote.

Go on, make something else up and threaten me with a ban again - that the forum owner knows nothing about. That would be three times, I believe.

You just don't like it if people stand up to your bullying.

By lord_kobel
I'm still not sure what point you think you're making? I've already posted two links to back up my claim that Biden is being investigated. What I haven't posted are the details of the acts Biden is accused of committing, to avoid upsetting anyone who wouldn't want to read them. Those details are in the links by the way, which is what I was telling WA to look up, if he wanted to get right into the details.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
A very curious thing I came acroos when reading through the NPR link.
The police investigation is currently open, though the statute of limitations for prosecuting the alleged assault has expired.
But hey let's call Biden a rapist.

Also I have provided you with evidence that African-Americans are the mainstay of Biden's support you haven't posted anything that proves that they're not, you've dismissed the evidence I have provided most likely because you would have to admit that you might might just be wrong about something.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
lord_kobel wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:59 pm
Cyclist wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:48 pm
One small point, my lord. Being investigated for something doesn't automatically mean the suspect is guilty (even if he probably is). America still works on the presumption of innocence.
True, but the nominee contest isn't a court of law and the issue is whether voters will think that he's guilty or not, and with his history of unwanted touching, sniffing and kissing women and children, even when he was still VP, it seems like madness to try it.
You don't get it, do you? You keep stating conjecture as fact. Yes, he is under investigation for serious sexual assault, yet you have stated several times that he is a rapist. Can you provide evidence to back up this statement? Please don't refer me to the link you posted previously, that merely says he's under investigation.

I repeat

Suspicion =/= Guilt

Please note, Americans are a litigious people, the man in question is not a particularly nice person, is extremely rich, and has access to some extremely competent lawyers.

You may want to think about your use of language.

By Andy McDandy
Also, whatever the complexities of sexual assault allegations, the burden of proof, inherent bias in the system and society against women and all the rest of it; aside from presumption of innocence, vexatious complaints do happen.

I should know. I was on the receiving end of one. Harassment. Reputation dragged through the shitter, arrested, investigation led to all charges being dropped as her story fell apart. Still fucked my life over.

By Malcolm Armsteen
I didn't know that, Andy, and I'm sorry to hear it. I know how it can screw up your life.

I was 'interviewed under caution' for allegedly assaulting a pupil (I was stopping her beating up a smaller one) and it was horrible. Eventually dropped, but it leaves a bad taste for a long time. I can imagine what you went through...

By Tubby Isaacs
lord_kobel wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:55 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:23 pm
Can you explain the midterms, if there's no Democratic enthusiasm?
I ddn't say there was no Democratic enthusiasm, I said Biden's personal enthusiasm is worse than Clintons.

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:23 pm
You think Biden's going to veto a civil rights bill backed by Pelosi and the full Democratic establishment, which 8 Republicans voted for? Because of some stuff in the 80s?
Probably not that obviously, but what's the odds that it'll get held up somewhere or the republicans will want to make changes and Biden will choose this for one of his "reach across the aisle" moments? And as I've already said, he's been shitty with race for his entire career.
Either you control the Senate or you don't. If you don't, Mitch McConnell doesn't even put a bill forward for a vote. You know who strongly prefers Biden to Sanders? The actual Democrats running for swing senate seats.

It's bizarre that being seen to be bipartisan is being made into a disadvantage. Lots of voters like you to make nods towards it. At the end of the day, if you don't need it, you can pass your version anyway (see Obamacare).

By Tubby Isaacs
Andy McDandy wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:14 am
Also, whatever the complexities of sexual assault allegations, the burden of proof, inherent bias in the system and society against women and all the rest of it; aside from presumption of innocence, vexatious complaints do happen.

I should know. I was on the receiving end of one. Harassment. Reputation dragged through the shitter, arrested, investigation led to all charges being dropped as her story fell apart. Still fucked my life over.
Oh, my Christ.
Twat of the Day

https://twitter.com/edmorrish/status/1266681588600[…]

The Trump Presidency

Odd you should mention this because a rabid Trump […]

Michael Gove

Sarah Vine's next column might actually be worth a[…]

Roll Call

Afternoon all, Beautiful day. Tempted to go for a[…]