•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
One thing I was thinking when listening to Hilary Clinton is these nut jobs hate her more than they ever hated Biden.

It probably helps that She has president Bill’s security but you wonder why no one has gone down that route with the nut jobs throughout America.

Joe will be fine, but Harris is already a very important VP considering her role in the senate.

By KevS
mr angry manchester wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:40 pm
We thought Obama might have been a target too, but wasn't. Hopefully Biden will be ok, suspect the presidential security is top class.
Christ, I hope so. I foresee me holding my breath next Wednesday until he gets to the White House.

By Bones McCoy
I don't think they were anyting like as organised during Obama's presidency.

Thankfully, the mob who attempted the Capitol coup were maybe 5% diehards, 10% followers and 85% useless rabble.
Hence their running out of steam and milling about so quickly.
"What are we going to do now, what are we going to do now", repeat and shuffle off stage left.

I'm presently interpreting that as their optimum turnout.
Even back in the boonies, most of these Militias will have a tiny core of diehards, a larger chunk of followers and a majority who tag along for the huntin' and drinkin'.
That majority will bug out pretty fast when proper soldiers with bayonets show up to oppose them.

It'll then be down to the self-proclaimed three percenters, and I don't fancy their chances much.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
I'm not particularly worried about Biden's safety at the inauguration. He'll have the biggest and best security detail the USA (and by inference,the world) can provide. What does worry me is the safety of the crowds (real, not photoshopped like Trump's).
oboogie liked this

By oboogie
I think the biggest problems could be at State Houses elsewhere. I keep seeing reports of States dispatching their National Guard to Washington - what happens if it kicks off at home and the local guard are hundreds of miles away?
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
The whole thing is turning into either an episode of South Park or a shit 80s action flick with Chuck Norris. The longer it goes on the more dangerous it gets and it will not end well unless something is done, but what?

By Bones McCoy
oboogie wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:06 pm
I think the biggest problems could be at State Houses elsewhere. I keep seeing reports of States dispatching their National Guard to Washington - what happens if it kicks off at home and the local guard are hundreds of miles away?
I skirted around this above.
I'd like to think there would be a handful of FBI and a company of out-of-state Army at or near each state house.

I'm aware of my sounding a bit unhinged on this.
I think it's no longer sufficient for the militia movement to have their plans thwarted for a day.
What's required is a visible defeat.
Otherwise they carry on with the basis that they "only need to get lucky once".

That doesn't have to happen in a hail of gunfire.
It could simply be a bunch of proud boys turned around and forced into a visible retreat.
Much like EDL marchers were run out of Liverpool.
Last edited by Bones McCoy on Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Bones McCoy wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:38 pm
oboogie wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:06 pm

It could simply be a bunch of proud boys turned around and forces into a visible retreat.
Much like EDL marchers were run out of Liverpool.
Even better if it was accompanied by the Benny Hill theme tune

By Bones McCoy
Beau off of the Internets on a recent military statement.

The original message in more detail.

Message from Joint Chiefs on U.S. Capitol Riot

https://news.usni.org/2021/01/12/messag ... pitol-riot
The Tories, Generally

More on Sir Dismal Swyne: On 28 September 2019, […]

"Boris" Johnson

Spectacularly stupid Cybernat row about Johnson v[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

Just spotted the guy giving a blow job. Fuckin[…]

Round the Blogs

https://jenzerb.medium.com/i-left-my-career-in-pre[…]