•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
John Redwood‏ @johnredwood
The Chancellor must get the Treasury to have more realistic, optimistic forecasts & to find the money for a successful economy post Brexit.

There's only one man for the job

[youtube]LWydBxScoWM[/youtube]

By Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Time to put a tiger in the tank!': Boris Johnson joins the PM in demanding Brexit trade talks after EU negotiator Barnier sends the pound PLUNGING by saying he's 'disturbed' at deadlock

The Esso sign means happy motoring!

They still won't accept they are in no position to make demands.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... start.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By cycloon
Membership Days Posts
How DARE someone SAY things that necessarily impact market confidence because that's how the fucking world works now and what we're doing is inherently bound to that reality HOW DARE THIS BE OUR REALITY

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Radio this evening - some Tory boy (still) explaining why Britain cannot possibly reveal its bargaining position.

What, precisely, do they get up to in those talks then?

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
I know this would be impossible, but with half her party now demanding her Chancellor being sacked, and her Foreign Secretary undermining her at every opportunity, I wouldn't blame the Maybot to somehow say "Bollocks to it then! We'll have another election, and whatever happens, I'll quit!"
By Silkyman
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
John Redwood‏ @johnredwood
The Chancellor must get the Treasury to have more realistic, optimistic forecasts & to find the money for a successful economy post Brexit.

There's only one man for the job

[youtube]LWydBxScoWM[/youtube]
I prefer....

[youtube]A6IKaLF4Fqc[/youtube]

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
KevS wrote:I know this would be impossible, but with half her party now demanding her Chancellor being sacked, and her Foreign Secretary undermining her at every opportunity, I wouldn't blame the Maybot to somehow say "Bollocks to it then! We'll have another election, and whatever happens, I'll quit!"
No chance. The first and only priority for the Tory party is the Tory party and being in power.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
No chance. The first and only priority for the Tory party is the Tory party and being in power.

Barnier and EU leaders understand that perfectly well and they are negotiating with a government that is negotiating with their own party not the unity and best interests of the nation. And that's why the UK is now stuck in fool's checkmate. This party has been nothing but poison to European peace and prosperity and the more they fuck them over the better.

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
The Independent wrote:Senior Conservative Ministers have reportedly endorsed the prospect of a new royal yacht, just as the European Union has warned the UK that Brexit talks are deadlocked.

Pro-Brexit politicians believe commissioning a £100m boat, ostensibly a "floating palace" for the Queen but also to be used to showcase the "best in Britain", at the same time as the Royal Navy is facing severe cuts.

The privately funded "Brexit-annia" would be employed in a bid to secure the numerous trade deals the UK must win after leaving the EU.

It would display "the soft power of our nation around the world," Northern Powerhouse minister Jake Berry told The Daily Telegraph.

The minister said he and International Trade Secretary Liam Fox thought the boat would be a "great thing".

While the money for its construction will come from private donors, there are anticipated to be around £10m in annual running costs.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
For fucks sake....

"Showcasing all that's best about Britain" Presumably it will be covered in racist slogans, crewed by staff on zero hours contracts and be covered in flammable material then?

NHS in a state, homelessness, economy starting to tank and they want to spend money on this. Jesus, I give up.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
That and the fact that we are turning into a Local country for local people*

* reference to the TV programme the League of Gentlemen, m'lud

By Samanfur
Membership Days Posts
Do you have a source link for that, Mr. Trees?

Jake Berry's my MP, and given the state of both his constituency and the Northern Poorhouse and the fact that he's as hard to pin down for an interview as the Scarlet Pimpernel, I'd quite like to wave that link about.

His raging hard-on for a new royal yacht (Mailwatch passim) wasn't funny before he got a ministerial portfolio. Now, it's just insulting.

By Arnold
Membership Days Posts
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 98021.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10 ... britannia/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Royal Yacht Britannia ‘Plans’ Spark Barrage Of Derision
‘A new Royal Yacht Britannia while we have foodbanks?
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/r ... 1d5180aab9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Arnold on Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Yes, very clearly in their almost universally wh[…]

SPOTY

Yeah...the Mailites are really not happy! Supe[…]

Europe? And the Future of Britain in Europe

Do a lot of the daft gits who voted leave know tha[…]

Question Time

As if to prove your point... https://twitter.[…]