•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
My own thought processes entirely.

My family hails from Grimsby - but they left, praise Woden. The last time I was there (1969) a house fell into the street in the High Street. No-one seemed to think it was unusual.

Good fish & chips, though.

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
For all it's supposed individualism, Right Wing thought in general is really, really big on someone else did it. Not for the first time, I'm reminded of Herbert West, Reanimator and wishing I had a more notable and worthy literary reference
spoonman liked this

By Boiler
Andy McDandy wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:46 am
A bad workman always blames his tools. Or, more likely, immigration.
Oh, so true... even before this whole stupid business was kicked off by that dribble of diarrhoea Cameron, a couple of mates and I used to be subject to an element of workplace banter (and it genuinely was no more than that) about our Polish* backgrounds. One would retort "terrible, isn't it? We come over here, nick your jobs and show you how to do them properly."

*Not sure in my case. My father said he was Ukrainian, but the village was close to the border with Poland and it moved about a bit in the 20th century.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Hannan appears to cultivate an image of being a sort of principled intellectual who as carefully weighed and assessed every single element of the Brexit arguments and conclude inevitably that Brexit is therfore inarguably right.

But of course, he could not be more wrong.

I'm getting more than a little sick of him, and how often the fucker keeps appearing in the media. He seems to be the new Farage.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
I'd be interested to hear how Hannan's global free market vision welcoming immigrants from around the world instead of queue jumping Europeans will go down in Sunderland, Romford and Grimsby.

Does this story belong on this thread?
Diesel is dying – let steam trains ride to the rescue
Simon Jenkins
Steam is the secret gold mine of the railway. Passenger numbers on conventional trains have slackened after the great boom of the past decade – hence the financial woes of the east coast mainline. Rail fares have been soaring and commuter services have been congesting. But leisure and so-called heritage railways have continued to expand, and their appeal is simple. They run steam trains.

At the time of the Beeching cuts in the 1960s, there were barely a dozen private steam operators. Today there are roughly 120 – plus another 50 community partnerships using mostly diesel, but sometimes mixed with steam. There are more private railways in Britain than at any point in the 20th century. They are booming. https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... lectricity
Gavin Williamson

Hennimore! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riopL3[…]

The Trump Presidency

So Trump cancelled the NK summit. However the Whit[…]

Toby Young

But in the end, Oxford is not necessarily the best[…]

Caption Contest

'He was a fine fellow your Pinochet, he knew how t[…]