•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
I'm not sure an eight-second clip is particularly helpful. He's obviously not a very good communicator. I'd be genuinely curious to hear what he actually thinks the issues are, so they can be addressed. Remember that these people are scared and have been drip-fed a narrative that has convinced them that they are under attack. Their ideas of fairness and decency are, for the most part, exactly the same as anybody elses. Stuff like this drip-feeds us a rather toxic narrative, too - specifically, that the 'other half' of the country are beyond redemption. While we stand apart, the whole country loses.
Arrowhead, Cyclist liked this

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Whatever the narriative one thing is for definite. Whenever "'dey tuk aur jerbs!!" is brought up, very rarely if ever are fingers pointed by them at the employers who hire non-nationals for their work over "locals". It seems bizarre when the rhetoric is very often prompted by nativist beliefs.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:13 am
Ministers defend Britain's forward-looking multi-cultural liberal pensioners. Is age the causal effect for racist insularity though or is it correlation with low educational attainment?

The poor little snowflakes being offended by "words" eh? It's alright for those who are Brexshitters and D***y M**l readers (a large overlap on a Venn diagram) to give off about "Millennials" being lazy, entitled etc compared to themselves as the generation of self-identified "hard working" baby boomers, but when someone who can be identified himself as a baby boomer points out in a critque that a large part of his generation is too emotionally attached to an era they grew up in that is socially quite different to today, they suddenly start going apeshit!

By Boiler
spoonman wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:34 am
Whatever the narriative one thing is for definite. Whenever "'dey tuk aur jerbs!!" is brought up, very rarely if ever are fingers pointed by them at the employers who hire non-nationals for their work over "locals". It seems bizarre when the rhetoric is very often prompted by nativist beliefs.
My usual response to "you took our jobs" was "terrible, isn't it? Come over here, nick your jobs AND SHOW YOU HOW TO DO THEM PROPERLY."

I have a very low opinion of British tradesmen in particular.
Jeremy Corbyn.

... the likes of Laurie Penny, living that type […]

Labour, Generally.

Also worth remembering anti Iraq-war sentiment b[…]

Meanwhile in Turkey

Izmir is crying "foul!" Yes, bargains […]

The Trump Presidency

Holy fuck he just gets worse . As my gf said, in[…]