Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 45.1 % ❤ 2.5 % :thumbsup: 6.7 % 😯 3.7 % :grinning: 36.2 % 🧥 0.3 % 🙏 1.2 % 😟 2.5 % :cry: 1.2 % :shit: 0.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Biggus Robbus
I really do not want to see anyone suffer as a result of Brexit. I would rather everyone ended up happy and could admit they were wrong and move on.

Or enjoy being right.

However, I remember when Lehman Brothers' crashed, and the Iraq War.... So I have my doubts....

I guess what makes me angry is that "them coming over here" shit.

Considering what I remembered of North East England, I would be flattered.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:31 pm
unlike other MEPs, because of his background in Peru, Gave him insights into the "rule of law" that presumably escaped Charles Tannock.
As the EU is a lawless hotbed of Latin American populism who’d have predicted they’d stick to their laws and treaties in negotiation rather than obey the whims of Rupert Murdoch, BMW and French farmers?
So what would a Europe of good neighbours without being anchored in treaties and mutual law look like? Europe for hundreds of years before the EU. Idiots.
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Juncker's Irish thank you card is yet another crass insult that Britain has been forced to endure

Anglo-Irish relations have seen better days. They hit a new low this week when the smirking Irish Taoiseach was shown by EU president Jean-Claude Juncker a “thank you” card, apparently from an Irish family, which declared: “Britain does not care about peace in Northern Ireland.”

Tell that to the families of the thousands killed and wounded in the conflict.
Well it doesn't, and it's debatable that it ever did. It certainly contributed to the Troubles. The Irish border was just one of many known problems kicked into the long grass during and after the referendum campaign.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... ion-widget

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
BREXIT LIVE: Brussels CAVES as Barnier admits EU ‘moving TOWARDS’ British position

MICHEL Barnier has signalled a Brexit breakthrough after the EU chief said Brussels has moved towards Britain's position over the exit deal.
The EU's Brexit negotiator also warned Britian that time was "extremely short" to settle a divorce deal before Britain is due to leave the bloc on March 29. Mr Barnier told a news conference in Luxembourg: "This time that remains is extremely short. "The withdrawal agreement which we agreed with Theresa May's government remains the best way to ensure an orderly withdrawal of the UK."

Mr Barnier was speaking with Luxembourg's Prime Minister Xavier Bettel, who stressed that the responsibility for finding a Brexit solution sat with London.

He said: "We never pushed for Brexit, we never demanded Brexit.

"The responsibility started in London and is still in London."
Classic headline v story.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... uncker-may

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:27 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:23 pm
WIlliamson supported Remain, but you couldn't a much clearer example of what Brexit's about. War and nostalgia.
FTFY
Ha ha.

Gavin Williamson, earlier today.

Nice sighting of Ted Rogers as well.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:09 am

Brexit could boost UK's military standing, says defence secretary
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... williamson

Stupid boy Pike!
COULD

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:32 pm
Hadn't seen these for a while. John Mills, of Labour Leave. Return of the Blazing Saddles Sheriff

Had a few to many cold ones in Alex'.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:32 pm
Hadn't seen these for a while. John Mills, of Labour Leave. Return of the Blazing Saddles Sheriff

What I can't imagine Bob Crow and his members doing is threatening to drive trains into the buffers and wrecking them as a negotiating tactic.

It's a funny old world where the Government is m[…]

Germany's Heute Show has another look at Brexit af[…]

Mark Francois MP

Hadn't seen him for a week. I assumed either he[…]

The Brexit Party

Either the YouGov poll yesterday was a massive […]