Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 43 % ❤ 3.4 % :thumbsup: 6.5 % 😯 3.4 % :grinning: 36.1 % 🧥 1.3 % 🙏 1.3 % 😟 2.3 % :cry: 2.3 % :shit: 0.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:04 pm
It might not be as bad as it sounds. £120m will buy some competent hacks with lasers and flashing lights
‘Festival of Brexit’ boss says 2022 event will bring ‘joy and happiness’ despite ridicule

The boss of a new £120 million national festival planned for 2022 has claimed he will “bring the nation together” with “joy, hope and happiness”.

Martin Green’s event has been mocked as a “festival of Brexit” ever since it was announced by former prime minister Theresa May in 2018. It was given the go-ahead by Boris Johnson last year.

Green, who oversaw the Olympic ceremonies and Hull during its year as UK City of Culture, told The Guardian there was “no doubt that we have been through a particularly divisive time in the discourse of our daily lives, and as we go forward, let’s see how the great creativity and ingenuity of the UK can help re-find that common ground”.

“On a very basic level, we are probably due a bit of joy and hope and happiness, and art is really good at that,” he said. https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 1-fiPkfZgg
It sounds like one of those "Winter Wonderlands" as organised by your local Del Boy and Boycie, where the "reindeer" is a tethered pitbull with foam antlers.
randomelement liked this

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Cyclist wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:19 pm
... competent hacks with lasers and flashing lights...

That's no way to talk about Jean Michel Jarre.

(Destination Docklands - I was there 8) )
I was thinking more along the lines of Spinal Tap.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Tokenism has taken a bit of a hit. I read this morning that Boris was planning on fleecing the tax payer to raise money for Big Ben to Bong on Brexit Day but the Mail are reporting that it won't happen at all.

Boris Johnson says he is planning a 'bung a bob for a Big Ben bong' crowdfunding campaign to celebrate Brexit after Parliament rules out special chimes on January 31 over the £500,000 cost
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... costs.html

The Mailites think it's a Remainer plot to thwart their Brexit celebrations.

Phweenix, Essex, United Kingdom, 7 hours ago
Why does it cost that much? I think they are lying because they simply don't want to celebrate Brexit?
+988 -74
Tunnel Uno, Sealand, United Kingdom, 7 hours ago
No doubt stuffed full of Remainers. Won't get away with a firework celebration either, Sadiq won't let it happen!
+557 -48
canaras5, London, United Kingdom, 7 hours ago
They just don't want to celebrate it. And also no doubt they hope to scupper Nigel's party in parliament sq as hinted in article. They had no problem bonging for new years eve nor fireworks etc. Its pathetic the government organised nothing to mark momentous day. But knowing the Establishment really hate it will make Brexit day sweeter anyway
+383 -22
Moscow Chap, Moscow, Russia, 5 hours ago
500k is about one day of MPs' fiddled expenses and poison dwarf taxi rides. This decision is not about money ... it's about the anti democratic MPs.
+388 -13
walkalong, Exeter, United Kingdom, 6 hours ago
At 11pm on the 31st January 2020. I will open all my doors and windows and play LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY as loud as i can
+144 -13

They're absolutely fucking bonkers and are getting worse.

By cycloon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:22 am
That's the last Parliament, this one and the Establishment all against them even when they got what they wanted. 'Paranoia' doesn't come close.
It's much easier to hide under the conspiracy blanket. They don't give a fuck. Lazy ignorant fuckwits.
The Sun

I suppose GPS will replace Droitwich as a freque[…]

Twat of the Day

Even Farage would know about the high price Sikh[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Johnson has been demanding minister present spif[…]

I think this would indeed be fit and proper. Thoug[…]