Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 47.7 % ❤ 6.8 % :thumbsup: 11.4 % 😯 4.5 % :grinning: 22.7 % 😟 2.3 % :cry: 4.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
How Bill Gates became the voodoo doll of Covid conspiracies

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52833706
More than a quarter of all Americans and 44% of Republicans believe that Bill Gates wants to use a Covid-19 vaccine to implant microchips under people's skin, according to a survey from Yahoo News and YouGov.
In an interview with the BBC, Bill Gates expressed surprise that he had become the figurehead of such theories.

"It is troubling that there is so much craziness. When we develop the vaccine we will want 80 percent of the population to take it and if they have heard it is a plot and we don't have people willing to take the vaccine that will let the disease continue to kill people."

By Oblomov
Boiler wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:50 pm

More than a quarter of all Americans and 44% of Republicans believe that Bill Gates wants to use a Covid-19 vaccine to implant microchips under people's skin, according to a survey from Yahoo News and YouGov.
In an interview with the BBC, Bill Gates expressed surprise that he had become the figurehead of such theories.

"It is troubling that there is so much craziness. When we develop the vaccine we will want 80 percent of the population to take it and if they have heard it is a plot and we don't have people willing to take the vaccine that will let the disease continue to kill people."
Why Gates in particular? Is it just using his fortune for philanthropic purposes is so anathema to American success story culture that he can only be doing it for ulterior New World Order motivations?

How would these people react to Steve Jobs, a bearded hippie who believed an all fruit diet would cure his liver cancer and washed his feet by sticking them in toilets and pulling the flushchain, telling them about 5G being the next step on telecomms?

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Why Gates in particular? Is it just using his fortune for philanthropic purposes is so anathema to American success story culture that he can only be doing it for ulterior New World Order motivations?

I wonder that about the Rothschilds as they’re the least sinister noted dynastic family you could find. They aren’t focused on pursuing political power like the Kennedys and aren’t even annoying socialite wastrels. Even the bank is not a player of much significance. I’m guessing its having international branches of the family and being Jewish that ticks the boxes of nutters.

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Back in the early days of the Internet, Bill Gates was the punchline to many a shit joke about the ubiquity and apparent unreliability of Windows. This was developed by twats into "Hurr, that Bill Gates, he's a nerd", a refinement of the original joke.

Steve Jobs seemed to avoid this, largely through his slightly better presentation skills. Until the "I'm a Mac, he's a PC" advertising campaign, which rather backfired, as many took away the message that PCs were dull but functional, while Macs were for preening tossers.
Timbo liked this

By davidjay
Oblomov wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:06 am
Boiler wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:50 pm

How would these people react to Steve Jobs, a bearded hippie who believed an all fruit diet would cure his liver cancer and washed his feet by sticking them in toilets and pulling the flushchain, telling them about 5G being the next step on telecomms?
It could be because it's virtually impossible to live in the western world without coming into contact with a Bill Gates product on a daily basis, and in a way that many of us don't fully understand.

By MisterMuncher
I did say this on Twitter t'other day, but surely if Gates, Soros &c. wanted to fuck Republican America completely, they'd just quietly arrange for a few hundred thousand Californians to get jobs in Florida, Arizona, the Virginias. Maybe open a university and a few data centers in the lowest population states.

All these other notions seem so bizarrely convoluted by comparison.

By spoonman
Going back a few days again, and also back to Irish conspiracy loons - Gemma O'Doherty & John Waters, having already lost out in the Irish High Court to challenge the COVID-19 restrictions in the state have now been told that they must pay all the legal costs.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0604/11453 ... ourt-case/

Normally in the Republic of Ireland if there is a legal challenge to a statutory law, then the client making the claim doesn't usually have to cover any costs other than their own legal fees if it is felt that even though the law(s) in question were not either unconstitutional or otherwise invalid, that there was a genuine public interest in having the case conducted in a fair & proper manner. But Waters and especially O'Doherty were much more wanting to raise their own profile with attention seeking speeches in court - and now they'll be hit in the pocket as a consequence.
In his ruling, Mr Justice Charles Meenan said the issues raised by the widespread restrictions and regulations were important matters of public interest.

But he said the way Ms O'Doherty and Mr Waters conducted their case, their failure to consider or answer the case being made against them and the fact that they only had regard to their own opinions, meant the proceedings they took were very far from being in the public interest.
They are appealing the verdict, and the High Court costs haven't been disclosed but they're estimated to be between €50k to €100k.

Edit: Shortly after the verdict, Gemma came out on Twitter with this, er, gem...

...that's right - she has quite likely libelled the judge in their case! Not to mention that refusal to obey a court order on costs is probably contempt of court as well (but might only matter once all appeal avenues are exhausted).
lord_kobel liked this

By Oblomov
MisterMuncher wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:32 am
"We meant to lose, if anything, it only proves how right we are".
You are Jeremy Corbyn and I claim my £5.

By cycloon
MisterMuncher wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:47 pm
I did say this on Twitter t'other day, but surely if Gates, Soros &c. wanted to fuck Republican America completely, they'd just quietly arrange for a few hundred thousand Californians to get jobs in Florida, Arizona, the Virginias. Maybe open a university and a few data centers in the lowest population states.

All these other notions seem so bizarrely convoluted by comparison.
Yup. Occam weeps at conspiracy theories. If people with that much power wanted these outcomes, there are many simpler, more direct routes to take. History is quite simple sometimes, surprisingly so.

By slilley
Membership Days Membership Days
I have a friend who sent me this message earlier. I have it from a very good inside source that far from being caught out, the Met ordered that officers should not intervene however much they were attacked or provoked.

Seems the strategy worked as hard left were unable to goad the police and start a riot on the back of it and the defacement of Churchill has destroyed the reputation of black lives matter.

Suspect guy who did it was MI5 agent. Very odd that he was wearing a formal shirt with starched collar, not the usual attire of such "gangstas"

I shall let others judge the accuracy of his "report".

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
slilley wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:29 pm
I have a friend who sent me this message earlier. I have it from a very good inside source that far from being caught out, the Met ordered that officers should not intervene however much they were attacked or provoked.

Seems the strategy worked as hard left were unable to goad the police and start a riot on the back of it and the defacement of Churchill has destroyed the reputation of black lives matter.

Suspect guy who did it was MI5 agent. Very odd that he was wearing a formal shirt with starched collar, not the usual attire of such "gangstas"

I shall let others judge the accuracy of his "report".
I'm dubious if he was an MI5 agent he wouldn't be wearing a formal shirt with starched collar.
Labour MPs I'd like to hit with a haddock

Fair comment is no libel.

Boris Johnson

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElrVDMMX0AwRz0e?forma[…]

US election 2020

It won't be resolved by morning. Trump won't co[…]

Labour, Generally.

I don't know what his regular pay was. But whateve[…]