•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/al ... 21226.html
Just two days ago, members of “Alfie’s Army” stormed the doors of Alder Hey, a hospital full of sick children who are already frightened. A terrified parent begged on Facebook for Alfie’s Army to reconsider their plans to set off the fire alarms at Alder Hey, as her own child was on the operating table and “deserved a chance too”.

By cycloon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Any Russian farm-worker worth their salt really should know the 'to be' business between English and Rooskie. Tut tut.

Clicked the FB link, the 'law' is basically 'parents' rights need more weight', which is about as bland and easy as you'd expect.

The comments, however, act as if the poor kid has been deliberately assaulted by the state.

Also, the curious logic never ceases to interest me:
How can they look at Alfie Evans and not try to help he's sustaining his own life and breathing on his own he's earned the right to carry on living in my opinion.
'In my opinion' the child has 'earned' a 'right' to 'carry on living'. Somewhere, a moral philosopher felt both excited and confused, without knowing quite why.
She [May, I think] wants to be heard well so do we
Free Alfie Evans
He isn't ready to fly to heaven
He is ready to fly to Italy
Theresa May please step in and free this family
Christ, it gets worse.

Last edited by cycloon on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.

By Boiler
cycloon wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:18 pm
Any Russian farm-worker worth their salt really should know the 'to be' business between English and Rooskie. Tut tut.
What kind of a language doesn't have definite and indefinite articles?!

By cycloon
Boiler wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:25 pm
cycloon wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:18 pm
What kind of a language doesn't have definite and indefinite articles?!
Russian uses declension to suggest what is going on in a sentence. I think it stems from the lack of present tense 'to be', but I am not clever enough to know for sure, despite my snark above ;D

e.g. to copy from Wiki:

'I don't see any books' / 'I don't see a book'
is
Я не вижу книги / Я не вижу книгу

Lit. 'I not see books' / 'I not see book'. Or they put 'one' in as a definite article, or change word orders:

'В комнату вбежал мальчик ("Into the room rushed a boy") and Мальчик вбежал в комнату ("The boy rushed into the room").'

They do have a word for 'this', however. I don't think it's that unusual, globally, but I dunno.
Last edited by cycloon on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Another medical expert has put his case forward:

Tom Evans, Alfies father, has now stated:
He said they (the doctors) were "wrong" and his little boy had been given a "misdiagnosis", claiming: "For the third day now, there's been not one single problem with him."

He also suggested Alfie could live for "months, possibly years".

'Alfie is lying on the bed with one litre of oxygen going into his lungs and the rest is him.

'Some people say it's a miracle, it's not a miracle, it's a misdiagnosis.'
Also, he is still alive because his mum is cuddling him:
In a separate interview with LBC presenter Nick Ferrari, Tom also revealed how the toddler's brave mum is keeping him alive by cradling him on her chest.

Experts. We don't need them. We also no longer have to worry about any doctor shortages. There are plenty on Twitter and Breakfast television ready to step in.

Seriously. This cannot happen again.
Last edited by Safe_Timber_Man on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By cycloon
The crueller, spiteful part of me suggests opening a hospital staffed by said Twitter and TV experts and letting any concerned parent take their kids to that, and be done with any duty of care towards them. That'd only punish the innocent, of course...

In terms of sending the kid home, I thought palliative care was being discussed and thus that eventuality might be possible? I dunno, I read a snippet somewhere. That is of a significantly different order to the Italian business...

Another bloody edit: The child has no brain, as I understand it. There is nothing 'wrong' with him, it's a 'misdiagnosis'? What do they want for the kid? I am genuinely unsure.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Mr Evans, who wants three of his doctors prosecuted for conspiracy to murder, said: 'They hate us. They don't like us because I've fought against them for so long and I'm right'. He added: 'We're not like them. They avoid us. 'We've tried to work with them but they've acted aggressively towards us. They've fought so hard towards us. 'We walk around the corridors and they pop into other cubicles to avoid us. They give us some horrible smug look as if we're in the wrong. We're being looked down on'.

I understand grief can do all sorts of things to people, and I can't reiterate enough how sorry I feel for the situation he's in, but I'm wondering if there's something not quite right with him and perhaps he should be strongly advised not to keep giving interviews.
Last edited by Safe_Timber_Man on Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Catkins
Membership Days Posts
The father and mother now have separate legal teams, so it looks like there's been a possible relationship breakdown (not uncommon with a terminally ill child). Which means that the father is easier and more isolated prey for the Christian Legal Centre and all the loons such as the anti-vaxxers.
Jeremy Corbyn.

https://twitter.com/cpbritain/status/1089943526857[…]

Toby Young

And I bet the Spectator has got a huge readership […]

Chris Grayling

One of the companies which monitors offenders as[…]

Jacob Rees-Mogg

Jake acting the shit again: https://www.bbc.co.u[…]