Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 33.2 % ❤ 3.8 % :thumbsup: 17.5 % 😯 1.7 % :grinning: 28.1 % 🧥 2.1 % 🙏 3.1 % 😟 5.5 % :cry: 3.1 % :shit: 2.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
cycloon wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:43 pm
HOW DARE YOU FOREIGN MAN HAVE A NEGATIVE OPINION YAAA BOOO WE ARE THE TRUE LEADERS OF THE FUTURE WAAAAA WAAA MEANIE
Peter Bone was on his feet in the House within minutes, venting that his feelings were hurt. Bercow was shocked - I tell you, shocked! - that Peter Bone had suddenly turned into such a delicate flower, whilst an opposition MP jumped up afterwards and told him not to simply take his prompt from the BBC headlines, because he'd got his facts on the quote wrong.
Donald Tusk: Special place in hell for Brexiteers without a plan

On the BBC News front page, the headline omits "without a plan"; it's only when you go to the story it includes those all-important words.

There's a SYB on it. I dare not go there.
Tusk points out that the Emporers have no clothes. Emporers immediately respond by babbling and turning beetroot whilst stark bollocks naked.

Exhibit A (he'll be in trouble if the local chippies run short on spuds)

Big Arnold wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:22 pm
Well it's true, and I can understand his frustration. At least it can't make things any worse.
Yes, what he said is true. But it was still a rather crude way of saying it. He certainly hasn’t done the Remain cause any favours today.
Arrowhead wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:28 pm
Big Arnold wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:22 pm
Well it's true, and I can understand his frustration. At least it can't make things any worse.
Yes, what he said is true. But it was still a rather crude way of saying it. He certainly hasn’t done the Remain cause any favours today.
Au contraire, he has done the Remain cause a great service today. He has pointed out that we don't have one.

We're fucked.
Turns out Tusk isn't the only one prepared to irk the gammons

lord_kobel, Cyclist liked this
They spend two years running him down, hurling insults and abuse yet the second he throws one back, it's "he's a bully!".

I knew they'd spin it too by saying he insulted Brexit voters when he did no such thing.

He definitely flushed out the liars and charlatans who were betrayed with the speed and venom of their condemnation. He has also brilliantly eviscerated Corbyn by destroying any pretence that he is playing the long game by naming him as a huge part of the problem. He cannot hide from this list.
I believe the counterargument is blaming the EU for playing "hardball" by sticking to it's established, understood and published roles and procedures. Apparently it's simply that they've refused to accept any plan, or accept any overtures to dialogue, all of which were made by remainers, traitors and fifth columnists in general.

Also prevalent are theories that the EU is simultaneously in the employ of the big banks and high finance, and working diligently to fuck same by collapsing their headquarters in London out of sheer spite. Schroedinger's cat has reportedly issued no comment, but we'll have to check.

Actually, the abiding theme is that it is spite-fueled intransigence on the part of the EU that has brought Britain to such a perilous position. But they're going to blink soon. Any second now they'll fold. Just wait for it.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
The Trump Presidency

It must be very hard to communicate effectively wi[…]

Boris Johnson

And I've no doubt that Mutti is speaking for all o[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Corbyn’s liberationist politics are not hard[…]

The Sun

THE SUN SAYS Us Brits aren’t negotiating wi[…]