Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 37.6 % ❤ 3.2 % :thumbsup: 14.3 % 😯 2.1 % :grinning: 28.6 % 🧥 1.1 % 🙏 1.1 % 😟 7.4 % :cry: 2.6 % :shit: 2.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Big Arnold wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:39 pm
Brits Will Face Immediate Return Of Mobile Phone Roaming Charges Under No-Deal Brexit, Government Reveals

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... k-homepage
When the Gammon suddenly start getting mahoosive bills again for streaming Peppa fucking Pig to their phones to shut their progeny up whilst on the beach, maybe it'll strike home what Brexit means.
Boiler wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:03 pm
Big Arnold wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:39 pm
Brits Will Face Immediate Return Of Mobile Phone Roaming Charges Under No-Deal Brexit, Government Reveals

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... k-homepage
When the Gammon suddenly start getting mahoosive bills again for streaming Peppa fucking Pig to their phones to shut their progeny up whilst on the beach, maybe it'll strike home what Brexit means.
Nah they'll just whinge to their network when they open the bill and go sadface to the M**l & local rags about the hundreds of pounds they ran up with quotes like "I didn't know" and "the network didn't tell me" (despite having been informed by SMS & email). Taking control, just not bothering taking responsibility.
EU telcos will be free to charge us whatever roaming charges they wish. Understandably, O2, Vodafone, etc, don't want to be legally obliged to absorb them instead of passing them on
Yeah. Now imagine that your phone flips in and out of international roaming depending on what side of the room you're standing on, or which shop you're currently ringing your wife from for a gentle reminder of why you left the house to begin with.

Fucking brilliant.
oboogie liked this
MisterMuncher wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:03 pm
Yeah. Now imagine that your phone flips in and out of international roaming depending on what side of the room you're standing on, or which shop you're currently ringing your wife from for a gentle reminder of why you left the house to begin with.

Fucking brilliant.
I believe an Irish comedian highlighted this on The News Quiz a few weeks ago :D
Now that the Crash & Burn route looks to be the likely outcome, the coming meltdown will be an absolute horror show. That devil, who seems to be enjoying his day in the sunny news agenda today, will be in the detail.

Now, I know that's not exactly incisive but it will come as an enormous surprise to those who really do deserve a sound kicking.
Boiler wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:04 pm
MisterMuncher wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:03 pm

Fucking brilliant.
I believe an Irish comedian highlighted this on The News Quiz a few weeks ago :D
Before the harmonisation/roaming agreement came in, I phoned a supplier (based in Dublin) to amend an earlier order placed by email earlier in the day.

The combination of roaming charges and international call charges (which one would think would be mutually exclusive) meant that extra 2.5kg mushrooms cost me nearly £20.
The combination of roaming charges and international call charges (which one would think would be mutually exclusive) meant that extra 2.5kg mushrooms cost me nearly £20.
2.5kg? From that comment I can't work out whether you are in catering or the supply of hallucinogenics. :shock:
In an act of irresponsibility which crashed no flights, I forgot to switch off my phone on the way to Vietnam and left it packed it in my hold luggage.

Two hours in Abu Dhabi, one in Bangkok and that was sixty bastard Euros just for the background activity.

We forget just how much those 3rd country roaming charges can mount up.
Talking to my ex-daughter in law this evening (we seem to be on good terms again). She's a director at a large NHS trust in London, and she's been meeting with similar from other areas. These are serious people.

She reckons 4 weeks after a no-deal Brexit and not only will the drugs run out, so will all the supplies necessary for most procedures, including A&E. She's tearing her hair out, the tragedy is coming down the line and no-one is really trying to stop it. There will be deaths, and not a few.

She reckons a partial deal Brexit would be just as bad, unless those trade arrangements can be made in the first 2 weeks.
Theresa May

EEA comes with an extra advantage of being in the […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

I swallowed the Brexit lies. Now I regret telli[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Whoopee. Dickhead's moved on to Game of Thrones qu[…]

Sajid Javid

"I don't want to turn you over to the mob ou[…]