Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 32.2 % ❤ 4 % :thumbsup: 17.4 % 😯 1.8 % :grinning: 29.7 % 🧥 2.2 % 🙏 2.9 % 😟 5.4 % :cry: 2.9 % :shit: 1.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Boiler wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:29 pm
TBH I think the bill will pass.
So do I, although not on tonight’s attempt. Tonight is purely about damage limitation now, such as keeping the margin of defeat below three digits. I suspect MV3, to be held only once the Commons has voted to rule out a No Deal departure, will be the game-changer.

Quite how the ERG loons and their (numerous) supporters will react beyond the short-term is another thing. They will never, ever be satisfied.
KevS wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:34 pm
Mutterings that an election will be called tonight if, correction, when the vote is lost.
I thought that needed a vote of no confidence. Although losing two meaningful votes on Brexit by massive margins suggests no confidence.
So, motion tomorrow on declining to accept a no-deal withdrawal. Then a decision on what to do next.

Putting me in mind of Spike Milligan.
[youtube]
[/youtube]
lord_kobel liked this
Almost no options left now. The EU27 will only agree to extend A50 for a second referendum or a general election (and I'm not even sure that a GE that might not result in a majority government will be enough).
We had dinner instead. Fresh tomato soup, home-made bread, pesto froth, Parmesan crisps, glass of vino.

It was a whole lot fucking easier on the nerves than watching the revolution eat its parents.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:33 pm
So, motion tomorrow on declining to accept a no-deal withdrawal. Then a decision on what to do next.

Putting me in mind of Spike Milligan.
[youtube]
[/youtube]
Basil Fawlty in the laundry basket has also come up as an option.
Meanwhile on Newsnight, Emily Maitlis is clearly fed up with Barry Gardiner...

...and that's before she moves on to Ian Óg Paisley.

The question she asks leading up to that side stare is 19:20 in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... t-12032019
oboogie liked this
Meanwhile in Australia

Well there is at least one bit of good news to com[…]

Nigel Farage

Laughable excuse for being too scared to get off[…]

I did wonder, but it meant that two posts had been[…]

Corbyn already got punched by someone holding an e[…]