Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 32.2 % ❤ 4 % :thumbsup: 17.4 % 😯 1.8 % :grinning: 29.7 % 🧥 2.2 % 🙏 2.9 % 😟 5.4 % :cry: 2.9 % :shit: 1.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
They’d be mad not to vote for May’s deal. But they are so they’ll be some holding out along with the DUP. May will probably get it through and we can get on with the next decade; My wife next door. The UK is divorced husband John Alderton constantly popping around the ex’s to get his feet back under the table. With hilarious consequences.
To be honest, I've very nearly reached the point where even I want the May deal to pass now. I'm fed up with this utter fucking nonsense dominating my thoughts so much.
davidjay liked this
davidjay wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:13 pm
Can another vote be held on exactly the same deal?
It seems that they are looking for legal advice that contradicts that given by Geoffrey Cox. Think about that. A repeat vote on the basis that their Attorney General has given wrong advice. How will he react to that in the debate? Admit he was wrong or insist he was right?
As Bercow selects motions for debate, could he refuse a third "meaningful" vote? How can a vote be meaningful if it can be ignored? Parliament has twice rejected May's deal and no deal. It clearly wants a third option, and the only one with any chance of succeeding is revoking A50.
Big Arnold wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:17 am
davidjay wrote:
[Snip]
As Bercow selects motions for debate, could he refuse a third "meaningful" vote?
[Snip]
Aha!
Could John Bercow stop Theresa May putting her Brexit deal to Parliament for a third vote?
As Speaker, Mr Bercow is in charge of upholding parliamentary rules in his oversight of what goes on in the Commons. There is a clear parliamentary precedent, as set out in the MPs' rulebook Erskine May, against the Government making MPs consider the same matter repeatedly:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... arliament/
davidjay wrote:
Yes. It's the motion that has to be changed, but that should be a case or rewording.

I love you, Mr Speaker, and I want to have your babies.

Francois has turned the same shade as a glass of Ribena.
KevS wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:52 pm

I love you, Mr Speaker, and I want to have your babies.

Francois has turned the same shade as a glass of Ribena.
OK Tom, you chuck the first Molotov.
Enjoy a bit of incarceration.
You might meet some former staff while you're in there.
Euro Elections 2019

Anti-Brexit parties - those in favour of another[…]

Labour, Generally.

It’s OK everyone, apparently it’s Tom […]

Theresa May

That's all those wanting to be the next PM can see[…]

Claire Fox

She's top of the list, sadly. Nigel Farage an[…]