Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 33.2 % ❤ 4.8 % :thumbsup: 17.2 % 😯 1.7 % :grinning: 26.2 % 🧥 2.3 % 🙏 2.8 % 😟 6.8 % :cry: 3.1 % :shit: 2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
He's still a little shit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49048431
The founder of the youth-focused pro-Brexit campaign group BeLeave has won his appeal against a £20,000 fine imposed by the elections regulator.

Darren Grimes was punished by the Electoral Commission last year, after being accused of breaching spending rules during the 2016 EU Referendum.

Its political work took place at the headquarters of the offices of Vote Leave - the official Brexit campaign.

Mr Grimes raised cashed online to fund his court appeal against the judgement.

He maintained that he was "completely innocent" of making false declarations in relation to a £675,315 donation from Vote Leave and accused the Electoral Commission of "bias" against Leave supporters.

But the watchdog insisted its investigation had been "thorough and fair" and that it had carried out inquiries into campaigners on both sides of the referendum battle.
Arrowhead liked this
Part of me thinks "No shit, Sherlock" and then I remember how Parliament is opposed to it.

In other words - the next round of impasse awaits.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49141375
I sense we are still heading towards some kind of ultimate crunch/showdown. Be it either a no-deal exit or the collapse of the Government. If Johnson manages somehow to win a vote of no confidence however, then it really will be down to Hammond, Grieve and the other Tory remainers to put up and do what they have been threatening to do, bring down the government.
Snowflake wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:25 pm
I sense we are still heading towards some kind of ultimate crunch/showdown. Be it either a no-deal exit or the collapse of the Government. If Johnson manages somehow to win a vote of no confidence however, then it really will be down to Hammond, Grieve and the other Tory remainers to put up and do what they have been threatening to do, bring down the government.
It'd be nice if they weren't offset by the headbangers in Labour though.
Timbo liked this
bluebellnutter wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:21 pm
Twitter thread

It'd be top trolling if the Irish Republic announced they planned to start driving on the right.
oboogie liked this
This 100m advertising budget to trumpet sunlit uplands and EORI numbers. This 100m which has grown overnight by another 20%.

That's windfall of 120m quid which the media owners were not expecting and which they will eagerly grasp, especially against a backdrop on national news brands having seen years of decline including by more than 6% in the last full year for which data are available, 2018.

At this point, a cynic might be asking him or herself whether editors would risk being kicked off the media schedules by choosing to publish and be damned.

Not. A. Fucking. Chance.
Timbo, Boiler, spoonman liked this

I expect a Tory landslide. A simple Tory majorit[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

How does anyone in that room watch the massive TV […]

2019 General Election

Yeah, I wonder if those non-voters who turned out […]

The Brexit Party

That there are parts of the country, particularl[…]