Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 33.1 % ❤ 3.6 % :thumbsup: 16.7 % 😯 1.6 % :grinning: 27.2 % 🧥 2 % 🙏 3 % 😟 7.5 % :cry: 3.3 % :shit: 2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
This will be cited as
PROOF that Corbyn works for (((Soros))) E L I T E S!!!!
Boiler wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:20 am
Have we just gone through the looking glass?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... apitalist/
oboogie liked this
The broader point, that businesses might like all that tax freedom and general cushy treatment, but ultimately they want stability (or at least predictability) within a market seems entirely lost on them. That's why BMW and the French winemakers ultimately weren't going to save them, either. It's always easier to take the hit and wait it out than rock the boat further.
MisterMuncher wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:56 pm
The broader point, that businesses might like all that tax freedom and general cushy treatment, but ultimately they want stability (or at least predictability) within a market seems entirely lost on them. That's why BMW and the French winemakers ultimately weren't going to save them, either. It's always easier to take the hit and wait it out than rock the boat further.
It's also why we don't see many multinationals racing to relocate their HQs to Somalia - or other failed states that would levy no corporation tax.
BBC Breakfast rounded up John Mann this morning as their Labour representative to react to last night's events - because of course they did.
Projective Unity liked this
Is the EU legally bound to except requests from a member state's legislature even if the executive of that country opposes it? This is a heartening contribution to the question

I've been flirting with the idea as to whether we'd be better off with an executive system where competent individuals can rise above party political paralysis of the kind Brexit and Corbyn have inflicted on the UK. Watching this week's events in the Commons my faith in a parliamentary system is returning.
Malcolm Armsteen, Timbo liked this

Going off on a tangent, it's incredible to think that what was essentially founded as a rough Irish equivalent of the LAD Bible now commissions reports like the one above.
Timbo liked this
I saw a cattle farmer who voted for Brexit with no clue as to how it would effect his main export market to RoI. A stupid decision for an English farmer to make but he was from Northern Ireland as well. What goes on his head I don’t know. Very little I suspect.
There was a Co. Fermanagh farmer on the local BBC news a month back or so whom said that he voted for Brexit and would still vote for it. He said that it was "up to politicians" to sort things out so that he could still send his milk across the border to be processed. :roll:
Brexit news latest: EU will refuse delay in current circumstances, France says.
The EU will refuse another delay to Brexit in the current circumstances, according to the France's Foreign Minister.
France's foreign minister said on Sunday that as things stand, a delay beyond the October 31 deadline would not be granted.
Jean-Yves Le Drian told Europe 1 radio: "It's very worrying. The British must tell us what they want."
Asked if a Brexit delay was possible, Mr Le Drian said not under the current conditions.
"We are not going to do [extend] this every three months," he said.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... 1567934145
I would imagine that if Johnson tries any further gerrymandering (advising the Queen against giving the bill Royal Ascent, causing havoc within the EU) then that VONC will be imminent.

Although a few weeks ago it was not feasible due to the tribal infighting of all involved, an Alternative Government may end up back on the cards here due to Johnson's actions. An extension could then be asked for while a referendum and/or election* takes place which I think would count as a change in circumstances and be accepted.

Rushing through a vote on May's deal is also possible.

That or the nuclear option is still available - revoke Article 50 and cancel the whole shebang. I understand why they do not want to do this. However, if Johnson is going to ride roughshod over the law and drag us into this without giving anyone any say, they may have little choice.

*I think a referendum should come before an election. I am uncomfortable with a General Election being fought on one issue and if we end up with a hung parliament, we could find ourselves back to square one if the Tories wind up clinging on. The issue needs to be put to bed.
lord_kobel, Arrowhead, youngian and 1 others liked this
https://e-surgery.com/brexit-crisis-med ... b938392YOI

Will Brexit Affect Your Prescriptions? Medication Shortage List

Two of my regular prescriptions are on the list. Thanks for nothing, you Brexity cunts.
Question Time

Gammon Logic. What the fucking hell has happene[…]

Labour, Generally.

I suppose there is always Lord Buckethead. Al[…]

Mark Francois MP

I assume they don't call him 'Penfold' for nothing[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

And this gives me a little faith that all is not l[…]