Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 35.3 % ❤ 5.1 % :thumbsup: 16.4 % 😯 1.8 % :grinning: 25.1 % 🧥 2 % 🙏 2.8 % 😟 6.1 % :cry: 3.6 % :shit: 1.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Although, what I will say is, our standards have been eroded somewhat due to the utter shite we've had in parliament for a while now. Keir has been good today and, in today's climate, looks as if he's sticking it to the Brexiters and giving them a decent kicking. But when you think back, his performance has been positively tame compared to when Tony Blair went both barrels on his opponents. I think Keir probably has that in him but we need to see the art of giving a verbal battering again.

Remember Tony Blair in the European Parliament unloading on Farage and his ilk back in 2005? We need that back.

oboogie, Timbo liked this
According to the No10 source Merkel then went on to say that she intends to hold the UK ransom for ONE MILLION DOLLARS! After which she laughed diabolically, and clucked like a chicken.

That Merkel and her team are refusing to dignify this with a response is both by the by and telling, inasmuch as they are both instinctively and strategically above this "winning wars on the playing fields of Eton" bollocks.

Closer to home, La Barnett looks to be one of the few on the BBC that knows what side her career is buttered. Yes, she is an ingrained Telegraph shill but she can read the tea leaves.
KevS wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:50 pm
Interesting to note on the Twitters that there's a quite substantial number of leave voters condemning that Merkel image as well...
leave.eu is the provisional wing of the mouth-breathingly stupid. Why anyone would retweet them is beyond me.
oboogie liked this
Boiler wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:14 pm
Because they're cunts?
From within my echo chamber, largely outraged and apologetic but misguided and daft cunts.
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:24 pm
Keir has been good today and, in today's climate, looks as if he's sticking it to the Brexiters and giving them a decent kicking. But when you think back, his performance has been positively tame compared to when Tony Blair went both barrels on his opponents. I think Keir probably has that in him but we need to see the art of giving a verbal battering again.

Remember Tony Blair in the European Parliament unloading on Farage and his ilk back in 2005? We need that back.
In fairness to Starmer, Blair wasn't hobbled by having Corbyn as a boss.
spoonman, Timbo liked this
They won't be gaining many votes from around Anfield way.
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:08 pm
This is from their official account...

:shock: No words...
They've been made to apologise.

Leave.EU campaign apologises over tweet calling Merkel a ‘kraut’ and invoking world war
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 48356.html

I'd question how genuine an apology it is, however, seeing as Piers Morgan (of all people) was called a "snowflake" by Arron Banks for saying it was unacceptable.

*Edit*

Yeah, so not sorry at all.
The 'apology' hasn't gone down well with Mailites:

Leave EU apologises and deletes 'racist' tweeted picture of Angela Merkel that said 'We didn't win two world wars to be pushed around by a Kraut'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Kraut.html

Albert H Steptoe, Oil Drum Lane Shepherds Bush, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
Germany was planning the unification of Europe in 1942. Germany is expanding across Europe. So far 27 countries, most of which offer nothing to the economy and 5 more countries in the pipeline. Federal Parliament, single currency, European flag, European anthem, and talks of a European army. Does that ring a bell? Didn't we fight to stop that happening in 1939?
+777 -130
DeliciousLeftyTears, Cheshire, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
This isn't racist in the slightest, shame they didn't have the balls to leave it up
+631 -120
BARTYBUS, Warsaw Pact, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
I fail to see a problem?
+526 -84
Speakout, Exeter, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
Is this because we are not longer able to have free speech in this country anymore, unless you are a minority group?
+512 -63

D_Rob, Hyde, 3 hours ago
You cannot keep rewriting History , the comment is true , watch any old war film
+325 -44

watch any old war film
:lol: :lol: And that, in a nutshell, is why these cretins appear to be living in a fantasy world.
Timbo, oboogie, Snowflake liked this

What a bloody disaster. https://twitter.com/Ian[…]

He was brilliant when banging on about his rather […]

The Trump Presidency

It feels wrong to laugh at this given the circumst[…]

Roll Call

I'm late to the party on petrol pumps but I first […]