Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 33.2 % ❤ 4.8 % :thumbsup: 17.2 % 😯 1.7 % :grinning: 26.2 % 🧥 2.3 % 🙏 2.8 % 😟 6.8 % :cry: 3.1 % :shit: 2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
I'm hoping it does.

It's become more apparent than ever that a new "Final Say" referendum is the only chance that we have of ending this insanity. We'd need properly to get our shoulders to the wheel in this referendum campaign this time round, and go forward putting in place whatever measures are needed to stop the far right nut-jobs from ever attempting such an appalling con-trick again.
youngian liked this
I just feel broken by it all. These last few days I've been struggling to find the energy to care about Brexit.
Boiler, Arrowhead, spoonman liked this
We can expect an early election when this deal goes through and a good chance Brexit’s midwife Corbyn is finished. There is no chance of an EEA type deal while Corbyn is LOTO or PM. At least Farage’s raison d’etre is finished. And good riddance to Tory Remainers who (Heseltine aside) have mainly been a waste of space trying to defend something that’s not in their heart on the grounds that its good for Marks and Spencer’s bottom line.
Last edited by youngian on Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:03 am
I just feel broken by it all. These last few days I've been struggling to find the energy to care about Brexit.
I've been struggling to just carry on...
Last edited by Boiler on Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abernathy wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:47 am
We'd need properly to get our shoulders to the wheel in this referendum campaign this time round, and go forward putting in place whatever measures are needed to stop the far right nut-jobs from ever attempting such an appalling con-trick again.
The answer to that is that referenda are made illegal. We must never have one again.

However, you're not going to get a second referendum with the current Labour leadership and his advisors. The way things are looking to this layman, the only way you'll get rid of Corbyn is when he turns his toes up.
Pro EU forces in this country were asleep at the wheel for 30 years while the other side had a three decade head start for the EURef. The future isn’t looking bright for Brexit anymore than any other eccentric nationalist experiments. They’ll still be brown faces down the high street, gays kissing on telly and the nativist haters will still be angry as the Brexit panacea will do nothing to quell their neurosis.
youngian wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:03 am
They’ll still be brown faces down the high street, gays kissing on telly and the nativist haters will still be angry as the Brexit panacea will do nothing to quell their neurosis.
For now.
Come on, it ain't over until the fat lady sings.

Maybe, just maybe, it'll dawn on the likes of Caroline Flint and others that giving Johnson his win just to "get it done" probably won't bide well for the economic prospects of their constituents in the future.
And this is not just Brexit at stake but handing the No 10 keys for the next five years to a man who has proved beyond beyond doubt that he is unfit for any public position. I'm surprised there aren't a few more wavering Tories with a sense of decency to knife Johnson in the back for the sake of the country. But I shouldn't be.
Projective Unity wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:24 am
Come on, it ain't over until the fat lady sings.

Maybe, just maybe, it'll dawn on the likes of Caroline Flint and others that giving Johnson his win just to "get it done" probably won't bide well for the economic prospects of their constituents in the future.
No, most MPs are just interested in retaining their employment.
2019 General Election

Corbyn comes across as weak to many, his tactic[…]

HIGNFY

I can't see the BBC surviving Johnson's first term[…]

The new leader of the Labour Party

On the plus side, if Long Bailey becomes the an[…]

Labour, Generally.

I assumed Blue Labour was either a joke, or a set-[…]